Request Any Info?

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
My 3DS hasn't been used since I got an ipad2, I'm only keeping it to play Zen Pinball and TPA in 3D when it's released. Does anyone have any info on the 3DS version?

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Last thing I´ve heard was that they had trouble with the ROM emulation (given that the 3DS is relatively weak compared to the other platforms, I´m not surprised) but were going to try a different approach and see how it works.

I´m definitely still up for the 3DS version, I still play Whirlwind on PHOF 3DS sometimes, the nice 3D definitely makes up for the poor resolution and I would love to have TPA on it. I just hope they can achieve 60 frames per second... and make the screen not as incredibly dark as on the PHOF port.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I sold my 3DS a few months ago, I ran out of good games to play on it, needed cash, and I'd recently got an iPad 2. Being 31 I feel less childish playing TPA in the pub on an iPad than I would playing a 3DS. :D I might have kept it if PHOF was released in the UK before I sold it though....

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Ha ha, I'm 32 and sold my 3DS for the same reason. I went ahead and sold off all the games and cases and chargers and whatnot that I had for it as well. Except one. I kept my 3DS copy of PHOF. I don't even know why, really. My scores are in there somewhere, and it just felt wrong to part with them.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
I'm 46 and still play my 3DS from time to time... The Professor Layton series are cool games... I fly out west a lot from the east coast, and 5/5.5 hours into Phoenix, the 3DS is a nice time waster for when the Vita's batteries conk out.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
To be fair, I just got the 3DS XL in silver and man, that is a gorgeous machine. It looks much better in person, the silver is more a warm, dark, smooth gray, while the inside of the unit is matte black, with very large screens, and the whole machine has smooth curves that feel very nice and, well, sophisticated - miles ahead of the rather tacky, awkward original 3DS.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.