Centaur Screens

shimoda

Mar 14, 2013
if you mean a real life machine i can only wish i had room for one if i did it would be centaur but since this is not possible at this time i am very happy with the virtual world.

Yes, a real life machine. Now that I have two, I want ten!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Two days until I can release my power orbs and destroy centaur.

I think I'm going to have another release on my girlfriend to celebrate this excitement.

Though let's face it, sex has got nothing on centaur.

Kevin Cockerill

Dec 25, 2012
I remember the Centaur voice booming out across the arcade and being amazed and totally transfixed by the sights and sounds of it ... Can't wait to play this .. Itis differently one of my fav pinball of all times....

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Based on the iOS beta, it will be the 3 ball version not the 5. And as far as I can tell the only way to earn extra balls is by earning the specials. After each ball all targets reset (I've heard people say they played Centaur where the targets did not reset, but I've never seen this). Totally agree with Pin Wiz, the reverb does sound great. If you love the real table, then you will love it on TPA as well. And for all you noobs out there, don't forget to spell ORBS in order starting with O.

Actually, you can set the amount of balls on Centaur in the table menu (non Pro-mode). I noticed it last night when I was looking for the Touch-scheme settings. No idea what the ball-setting does for the Leaderboard though (as in off or seperate), as I didnt actually use the option.

Also an update to the OP: the contrast on the playfield on the latest Beta is a lot better now, white's are less bright. It's very nice for a system without dynamic lighting.

Centaur rules. I voted for EBD, but I'm glad Centaur won because I didn't realize how good it was. Now I know.
Like I stated elsewhere, this table doesnt play at ALL like a 1981 table. It's way ahead of it's time. More like a late 80's System 11 table (but with drop targets).

Last edited:

shimoda

Mar 14, 2013

I think I'm going to have another release on my girlfriend to celebrate this excitement.

Hope she doesn't read this over your shoulder, otherwise centaur might be the only action you get :wall:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Actually, you can set the amount of balls on Centaur in the table menu (non Pro-mode). I noticed it last night when I was looking for the Touch-scheme settings. No idea what the ball-setting does for the Leaderboard though (as in off or seperate), as I didnt actually use the option.

Also an update to the OP: the contrast on the playfield on the latest Beta is a lot better now, white's are less bright. It's very nice for a system without dynamic lighting.

Like I stated elsewhere, this table doesnt play at ALL like a 1981 table. It's way ahead of it's time. More like a late 80's System 11 table (but with drop targets).
this is MORE great news !!!!!! mine going on 5 balls the way the mall arcade had it set and POP POP POP goes the replay !!!!!!! :)

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013

ummmmmm i don't think we will be destroying centaur for another week or two.............for now you have to release power orbs on your GF game :)

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Actually, Centaur is preset to 3 balls and is not adjustable by the user.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Actually, Centaur is preset to 3 balls and is not adjustable by the user.
maybe he ran into the ball skin feature in the menu and thought that was for 3 or 5 balls. Well i can live with the 3 ball version its the way it first appeared to me.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Behind my ipad now and....Wow I mustve completely imagined that then last night when pressing game setup. Sorry for getting peoples hopes up!

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Behind my ipad now and....Wow I mustve completely imagined that then last night when pressing game setup. Sorry for getting peoples hopes up!
another possibility is you were accidently on big shot or central park. these tables do have the 3 or 5 ball option in the menu but it is in player set up (where you choose number of players).

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
So, what's the ETA on this hitting iOS? Can't be much longer now...

The tables this month (Centaur & Pin*Bot) don't have DMDs or a million toys on them, but they are the kind that I will play over and over again.
This is why I really like this era of pinball.. not a reliance on toys or gimmicks, just good solid layout and gameplay.
We should all be best friends. And petition for more Steve Ritchie alphanumerics. Who's with me?!?

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
So, what's the ETA on this hitting iOS? Can't be much longer now...

We should all be best friends. And petition for more Steve Ritchie alphanumerics. Who's with me?!?
figure it's still in beta now. The beta build is only been out two days so you have to figure a week in testing at least. Assuming all is well a release build still needs to go through apple and that will be at least another week. I doubt we will see centaur till maybe first week of June . Don't forget there is also Pin*Bot and other fixes that will be coming in the next update. Delays with these things will also delay centaur .

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
another possibility is you were accidently on big shot or central park. these tables do have the 3 or 5 ball option in the menu but it is in player set up (where you choose number of players).

Yes thats it exactly! I mixed the 2 up. Again, apologies (Centaur still rules though :))

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.