Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
944700_565914720096259_1653843236_n.jpg

405961_565914753429589_1645407111_n.jpg

197813_565914726762925_1117237054_n.jpg

922710_565914723429592_1369699525_n.jpg

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Wow, I can see I'm gonna hafta change to a custom ball right away. Other than that, my gawd that's gorgeous!

Last edited:
N

netizen

going to have to load up on some hair metal and 80s industrial to get myself more psyched for this BAMF of a table.

night

May 18, 2012
The visability of the ball is going to be a problem here I think. The playfield is monochrome and extremely busy so it needs to be toned down by athmosperic lighting. If 30% of lighting fx as seen in Space Shuttle would be used on this table you will win a lot. Now it's all over the same, from the front towards the back. In the back you need more darkness, in the front more light, and perhaps I would go for a warmer lighttone, more natural.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
The visability of the ball is going to be a problem here I think. The playfield is monochrome and extremely busy so it needs to be toned down by athmosperic lighting. If 30% of lighting fx as seen in Space Shuttle would be used on this table you will win a lot. Now it's all over the same, from the front towards the back. In the back you need more darkness, in the front more light, and perhaps I would go for a warmer lighttone, more natural.

Kind of agree a little.

Looking good though! Perhaps an ambient occlusion or GI pass would help.

Might get to play one day...

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Drool! :)

Flippers don't appear to be as tall as they should be though. The lane guide plastics to the side of both flippers should be the height of the middle of the ball and the flippers should be taller than that so that the middle of the ball is roughly in the centre of the flipper rubber.

Can't wait to play this side-by-side with my restoration project Centaur!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Flipper rubbers look too thin, the need to cover more of the flippers. All that great artwork disappears at the low camera angle kinda good thing I dont use that view.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
They're there. Just hidden. You'll see the little red posts on both sides.

Ok I see them thank you.

So when can we expect to be releasing power orbs and destroying Centaur? Next week? I'm too amped up for this.

I'm really, really hoping for better drop target sounds. Bally drops, really modern drops too, have a very chunky "ka-chunk!" sound to them that is incredibly satisfying, especially when you complete a bank. Really, the 'cash register' like noises for drops needs to go away outside of electro-mechanical tables... Also, Bally flippers have a very unique feel and weight to them. These are two things I really hope they get right, but I'm keeping my expectations tempered...

These screens are just gorgeous though. Beautiful high res photo-realistic playfield texture, which is the most important part.

Last edited:

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
The original artwork is great. The geometry is well done. But the lighting?
There is a glare effect on the lamps but no hint of lighting on the playfield surface.
No shadows, no highlights. The glare doesn't make sense that way.
It would only take a few hours to fix the playfield texture.

This took less than an hour, for example. I was too lazy
to add shadows, maybe that's another 30-300 minutes of work, if done properly.
(the image on the left is the unlit texture, as downloaded from the internest):
5bPz3Tj.jpg

night

May 18, 2012
The original artwork is great. The geometry is well done. But the lighting?
There is a glare effect on the lamps but no hint of lighting on the playfield surface.
No shadows, no highlights. The glare doesn't make sense that way.
It would only take a few hours to fix the playfield texture.

This took less than an hour, for example. I was too lazy
to add shadows, maybe that's another 30-300 minutes of work, if done properly.
(the image on the left is the unlit texture, as downloaded from the internest):
5bPz3Tj.jpg

A big fat +1

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
^ Meh. Too yellow, too much detail blackened out.

Not the greatest picture. I agree with Jeff -a little darker- would be nice, but that's about as far as I trust Farsight. It looks good as-is, I don't mind the strong white in fact I think that it gives the table a more -Sin City- vibe than it already had. But if Farsight darkens it to the point they did WhiteWater (on console/PC) then they'll ruin the table.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online