Info on the 3DS version

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
FS officially announced that TPA will be released on the 3DS as "Pinball Hall Of Fame," with only the scripted tables. This means that the 3DS will only have the EM and some early SS tables. http://digitalpinballfans.com/conte...F-FAME-To-Be-Released-On-NINTENDO-3DS-In-2013

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is all we know so far. They said that they will release it in 2013, but I haven't heard anything else since this announcement. I thought I would start a thread where we can all contribute information that we do know for a fact, as well as speculation.

Since we don't have any confirmed tables just yet, I'll list the ones that are either scripted or could be scripted easily.

Currently in TPA:
  • Black Hole (Scripted in TPA)
  • Tales of the Arabian Nights (Scripted in The Williams Collection (TWC))
  • Medieval Madness (Scripted in TWC)
  • Funhouse (Scripted in TWC)
  • Gorgar (Scripted in TWC)
  • Black Knight (Scripted in TWC)
  • Taxi (Scripted in TWC)
  • No Good Gofers (Scripted in TWC)
  • Big Shot (Scripted in TPA)
  • Genie (Scripted in TPA)
  • Firepower (Scripted in TPA)
  • Central Park (Scripted in TPA)
  • Space Shuttle (Scripted in TWC)

Planned for TPA:
  • Centaur (if it's not going to be scripted in TPA, it probably could be scripted)
  • Pin*Bot (Scripted in TWC)
  • Flight 2000 (could be scripted)
  • Tee'd Off (Scripted in TGC, but FS may not want to release the scripted version, since they will be releasing an emulated version of TPA.
  • Victory (May be able to script)
  • Whirlwind (Scripted in TWC)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
PHOF is a different game here are the tables.
BLACK KNIGHT
GORGAR
TAXI
SORCCERER
NO GOOD GOPHERS
FIREPOWER
PINBOT
WHIRLWIND
MEDIEVIL MADNESS
FUNHOUSE
SPACE SHUTTLE
TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHTS
JIVE TIME

JesseL

Oct 10, 2012
PHOF is a different game here are the tables.
BLACK KNIGHT
GORGAR
TAXI
SORCCERER
NO GOOD GOPHERS
FIREPOWER
PINBOT
WHIRLWIND
MEDIEVIL MADNESS
FUNHOUSE
SPACE SHUTTLE
TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHTS
JIVE TIME

No, they announced a NEW PHOF in the 2/15/13 edition of the news letter.

TPA NEWSLETTER said:
Latest Nintendo News

The 3DS version will be called Pinball Hall of Fame. This version will contain all of the non-emulated tables from both the Gottlieb and Williams collection. More information will be made available as it gets closer to release.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
FS officially announced that TPA will be released on the 3DS as "Pinball Hall Of Fame," with only the scripted tables. This means that the 3DS will only have the EM and some early SS tables. http://digitalpinballfans.com/conte...F-FAME-To-Be-Released-On-NINTENDO-3DS-In-2013

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is all we know so far. They said that they will release it in 2013, but I haven't heard anything else since this announcement. I thought I would start a thread where we can all contribute information that we do know for a fact, as well as speculation.

Since we don't have any confirmed tables just yet, I'll list the ones that are either scripted or could be scripted easily.

Currently in TPA:
  • Black Hole (Scripted in TPA)
  • Tales of the Arabian Nights (Scripted in The Williams Collection (TWC))
  • Medieval Madness (Scripted in TWC)
  • Funhouse (Scripted in TWC)
  • Gorgar (Scripted in TWC)
  • Black Knight (Scripted in TWC)
  • Taxi (Scripted in TWC)
  • No Good Gofers (Scripted in TWC)
  • Big Shot (Scripted in TPA)
  • Genie (Scripted in TPA)
  • Firepower (Scripted in TPA)
  • Central Park (Scripted in TPA)
  • Space Shuttle (Scripted in TWC)

Planned for TPA:
  • Centaur (if it's not going to be scripted in TPA, it probably could be scripted)
  • Pin*Bot (Scripted in TWC)
  • Flight 2000 (could be scripted)
  • Tee'd Off (Scripted in TGC, but FS may not want to release the scripted version, since they will be releasing an emulated version of TPA.
  • Victory (May be able to script)
  • Whirlwind (Scripted in TWC)

The bolded tables were never scripted and most likely will not be scripted in the future.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
I checked the list of tables in TWC, and it does turn out that Tales, Medieval, and Gofers were exclusive to the X360 and the PS3 versions probably because they were emulated instead of scripted.

It also turns out that firepower was NOT in the 3DS version of PHOF. Isn't firepower scripted in both TPA and PHOF? Is there a chance that it didn't make it to the 3DS version for a non-technical issue, such as licensing?

Did FS confirm whether or not Centaur and Flight 2000 will be emulated in TPA? If those two tables are going to be emulated in TPA, is there any reason that they couldn't be scripted in the future? I understand why they won't script a DMD table, but Centaur and Flight don't appear to be very complicated games.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
if they can emulate it they will. I seriously doubt they will take the time to script a table that can be emulated just for the 3ds.. It's a waste of their time and probably not cost effective.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Firepower wasn't emulated in PHoF or Pinball Arcade. I have no idea why it was left out of the 3DS collection, especially since it was on PS2.

Edit: doh. I meant to say it was scripted.

I noticed some games like Nano Assault EX had improvements in performance after the last 3DS update. Does this affect the 3DS download version of Pinball Hall of Fame?

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Better than nothing I guess. Not that the 3DS is a well suited platform for pinball games, but I will buy it for sure either way. The PHOF cartridge version that I have is terrible, if the physics in the TPA version is as good as on the other ports then it will be a fun option if I don´t feel like playing on my iPad or 360.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
It also turns out that firepower was NOT in the 3DS version of PHOF. Isn't firepower scripted in both TPA and PHOF? Is there a chance that it didn't make it to the 3DS version for a non-technical issue, such as licensing?

Doubt it. I'm gonna assume that it was due to space issues. Probably Crave wanted them to use a smaller cart, so they had to cut something.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I picked up a 3DS XL during Walmart Canada's anniversary sale in anticipation of the 3D PHoF release. I was positively impressed with the 3D effect, hopefully it will work well with fast-moving pinballs.

Members online

Members online