No Release Date Yet?

gamerblue

May 8, 2013
All the game news sites reported this as coming out during WII U Launch window. Im pretty sure the launch window is up. Is there any official response to a release date because I cannot find any online.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I have been looking aswell, seems to be no information at the moment. My buddy owns a WiiU and he is asking me all the time hehe.

mrhorseshoe

Jun 25, 2012
Zen always seems to beat FarSight to the punch. Is it due to FarSight's incompetence or Zen just having better connections? For example, TPA had to go through Steam's Greenlight process for more than half a year while Zen did not.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It's still a connection, albeit, I can't really see how being connected to MS Game Studios would be helpful with landing on a Nintendo console.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'd really like some news as well, however I play on my iPad and that's doing me fine.

nebnosneh

May 25, 2013
Another newsletter with nothing whatsoever on the WiiU version. Pretty depressed at this point, Farsight clearly doesn't care about us. I'm ready to give up and just spend my pinball money on Zen.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
we're a good 6 weeks since we found out it had finally been submitted... and the PS4 version debuts (at least in "check this out - from E3" form) in only a couple more... starting to wonder if I'll bother beyond the core pack (gotta at least test drive it, and support the cause a little)...

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah, they'd need to be doing a full season release to get me to back it at this point, although the fact that the Mac version has stayed current is encouraging. You also have the benefit of Nintendo making indie devs more of a priority on the Wii U and given it seems to be the only console maker talking exclusively about GAMES this time, I'm hopeful it will be worth their while to give it full support.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
"The Beta build of our Wii-U Pinball Arcade release will enter internal test next week. It is scheduled for final submission to Nintendo in late July, and for release to customers in September. All of the tables in Table Packs 1 through 16 will be available on the Wii-U at launch."

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Nice! I was starting to wonder if I should just bite the bullet and make the Mac version my TV-based Pinball Arcade home...

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
"The Beta build of our Wii-U Pinball Arcade release will enter internal test next week. It is scheduled for final submission to Nintendo in late July, and for release to customers in September. All of the tables in Table Packs 1 through 16 will be available on the Wii-U at launch."

Thanks Jeff for the info. I was losing hope for the Wii U. Zen just announced the Star Wars standalone version for the Wii U on the 11th of July. So I was really getting discouraged for TPA on Wii U. Well I hope it runs smoothly on the system. I'll get all the packs day one.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I must confess, I got tired of waiting for the Wii-U version to come out, so I jumped ship and downloaded Pinball Arcade on my new Ouya (I bought a pre-launch Ouya from a Kickstarter backer and I've been loving Pinball Arcade for about a month now and I've purchased all the tables so far). I think Ouya will be better anyway as a set-top pinball emulator, because the approval process is extremely slow on PS3 and currently non-existent on Xbox360. Judging by the wait time for the Wii-U version, it seems that updates will be slow on Wii-U just like the other consoles. Maybe a $30 budget disc based PHOF release combining the old Williams/Gottlieb compilations in HD would be a good idea? People could then download additional tables as DLC.

Another advantage to releasing TPA on a Nintendo console is that it may finally be possible to release the Gottlieb Mario themed tables. I don't know how the TPA people would feel about acquiring and digitizing the Mario tables, since Nintendo would probably mandate they be exclusive to Nintendo platforms. I for one, as a die-hard Mario fan, would love to play this table:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTVPffQl3sw

If you do own a Wii-U and are craving some Pinball action, I recommend Zen Pinball in the meantime. It would be cool to see someone try and build one of their tables; the physics engine seems like it would work in real life and so far I haven't witnessed any "bogus" items, like enemies running around that you have to destroy, etc, which would be impossible to pull off in real life. I did download the original 4-pack. The Tesla table is awesome. Honestly, I'd prefer they did more license-free themes instead of relying on Marvel and others. I may still purchase one of the Marvel packs but I haven't decided yet. Nothing wrong with Marvel, but they've got three entire table packs (12 total) based on super heroes. Honestly just too much of a good thing. IMO it would be nice to see some DC tables as well like the Superman/Batman licenses.

Last edited:

flywithsean

Apr 20, 2013
Another advantage to releasing TPA on a Nintendo console is that it may finally be possible to release the Gottlieb Mario themed tables. I don't know how the TPA people would feel about acquiring and digitizing the Mario tables, since Nintendo would probably mandate they be exclusive to Nintendo platforms. I for one, as a die-hard Mario fan, would love to play this table:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTVPffQl3sw

Doubtful and also Super Mario World is a turd of a pinball machine

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
Hi, guys. I'm new to the forum, but I've been posting on and off at TPA Facebook page for quite a while.

I hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but after repeated prodding, I finally got Farsight to give us an update on the development of the Wii-U port. As of writing this, the Wii-U launch build has NOT been submitted to Nintendo and will NOT be released in September. Their exact words were:

We are still working on it, we have not submitted it yet, stay tuned for a more detailed update.

Needless to say, I was just as upset as most of you will be upon seeing this, but it didn't come as a surprise. I was already becoming suspicious that submission of the launch build had, yet again, been delayed, when the end of July passed without mention from Farsight. To be honest, the future of the Wii-U port doesn't look promising, but perhaps they will shed some light on what has been happening behind the scenes in development for the past nine months. I wouldn't get your hopes up, though...

Last edited:

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone left at this forum who even cares about the Wii-U platform as it pertains to TPA? From the looks of it, everybody else has just given up and moved on to either the PC or the PS4 port. I had hoped that there would be at least some interest left in the Wii-U port, but maybe I'm the only one left who is actually stupid enough to continue waiting in anticipation of some sort of good news.

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
At least there is one other person who hasn't given up hope, I guess. Heh. All of my friends who own a Wii-U are eagerly awaiting the release of TPA onto the eshop, too, so I imagine that there are more of us than Farsight may realize.

My grievance isn't so much that TPA hasn't been ported to the Wii-U yet, but that we've been kept in the dark as to why. If, for example, it's being delayed because we're getting some of the new features to be included in the PS4 port, such as GI emulation and advanced lighting, I wouldn't be as frustrated since at least it's being worked on. However, if we're still getting cut-and-paste ports of the 360/PS3 version, I really would like an in-depth explanation for why it's taking so long.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.