Tilt ?!?!

Troc

May 15, 2013
I really enjoy hard challenges, n that's the reason i'm not totally against the the 3M wizard goals (even though maybe 2.5M or 2M would have been a better choice for the majority of players), but the fact is i need to have all the proper weapons to overcome those hard challenges n in GENIE the nugding system is wrong n so TILT too !! I own the PS3 version, n while all the other tables let nudge 2 times in a row (sometimes even 3...) with no problems, GENIE most of the times gets tilted at the second nudge, so what the hell, r we suppose to play nudging just once every time ?? I ve never played the real table, so i hope this relay on that, otherwise i strongly suggest to programmers to fix this issues...
I still believe 3M is achievable (my best is 2.7M atm) with this issue, but the point is i wanna play it the right n proper way !

Troc

May 15, 2013
Thx for ur effort m8, but that thread says nothing bout why the nudgin/tilt of GENIE is so different (let s say so much more sensible...) compared to all the other tables in the game...

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
IMO, every table can be different even in the same game. Firepower, Genie, D. Dude,. Gorgar, Space Shuttle. Seems sometimes I can give two nudges with no problem, sometimes I nudge even once and it says NO!

Troc

May 15, 2013
I dunno, for as i concern GENIE is the only one that ve a strange nudge/tilt system... but maybe it s me cause i m playing it so much... it s the only table in the entire collection that i haven t got all the wizard goals (n so the trophy/achievemnt :mad:), therefore i m spending a lot of time on it trying to play as much perfect as i can, n this is the situation when all the glitchs/strange physics/issues ecc comes out...

ps btw i spent a lot of time on RBION n MM too in order to get their trophies, but they worked very well all the time

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I dunno, for as i concern GENIE is the only one that ve a strange nudge/tilt system... but maybe it s me cause i m playing it so much... it s the only table in the entire collection that i haven t got all the wizard goals

Whoa! If that's what you're doing, hold on. I know, at least on iOS, there's a bug that's not awarding the 3 million goal when achieved. I'd hate to hear you destroyed your TV with a PS3 controller after that happens.

Troc

May 15, 2013
Whoa! If that's what you're doing, hold on. I know, at least on iOS, there's a bug that's not awarding the 3 million goal when achieved. I'd hate to hear you destroyed your TV with a PS3 controller after that happens.

Wait... WTF, r u serious ?!?! if that should happen i ll quit gaming forever, that s for sure !!
But (fortunately) i ve one guy in my ps3 s list that ve 100% of trophies, so that means that everything works ok on ps3, or at least worked for him.

Is there anybody who can confirm or deny if the 3M goal/trophy of GENIE on PS3 is bugged or not ?

THX

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I can say that I'm one who's experienced the weird tilting on this table. I've had it tilt on the very first GENTLE nudge and I've had it not tilt after a dozen or more nudges run close together. It's incredibly frustrating, especially for a table that requires so much nudging.

Troc

May 15, 2013
Finally i did it too !! And a confirm that there r not bug/glitch/issue on the ps3, wizard goal, trophy n high score, all of em r registered :D
What a satisfaction is to have all the wizard goals in all the tables completed !!!!!!

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I noticed the nudging becomes more sensitive for tilting as the game progresses. Once i pass 1M points, tilts galore.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Finally i did it too !! And a confirm that there r not bug/glitch/issue on the ps3, wizard goal, trophy n high score, all of em r registered :D
What a satisfaction is to have all the wizard goals in all the tables completed !!!!!!
You are a true TPA wizard congrats! what was your final score on Genie?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

Congrats. The 3M goal is the toughest achievement, for sure, because the table can be so punitive.

I play with the 3-ball setting and my best is ~1.4M... with 1.1 million in one ball (moreover the first!). The 3 other balls (one extra ball, and the two remaining ones), I scored only 300K points.

I turned off the console and went to do something else.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Think they got it right with Genie as far as nudging and tilting goes, Gottlieb tables can be very unforgiving as far as tilting goes especially tables from this era.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
It does seem to me that Genie has a more sensitive tilt than some of the other tables. The lane below the bumper at the lower left of the playfield is vicious: it's difficult for me to convince the ball to go the right way without tilting. (I have no trouble believing that this is realistic. IRL I've played a Genie, but I'm not adventurous enough about nudging to be sure.)

Flight 2000 is pretty hair-trigger too.

Troc

May 15, 2013
Congrats. The 3M goal is the toughest achievement, for sure, because the table can be so punitive.

I play with the 3-ball setting and my best is ~1.4M... with 1.1 million in one ball (moreover the first!). The 3 other balls (one extra ball, and the two remaining ones), I scored only 300K points.

I turned off the console and went to do something else.:rolleyes:

Thx to u too :) imo genie, ripley s n mm r the 3 harder tables.
Oh btw, i suggest u to continue with the 3 balls setting instead of 5. it s easier, u score a lot more points n it s easier to be complitely focused for a shorter play.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Thx to u too :) imo genie, ripley s n mm r the 3 harder tables.
Oh btw, i suggest u to continue with the 3 balls setting instead of 5. it s easier, u score a lot more points n it s easier to be complitely focused for a shorter play.

I wldn be plyn dat tbl if it wsn't 4 dat mf g if u no wat im sayn. I agree th dat 3 blz shd b zier.

Members online

Members online