AFM - A few clarifications

SlamCitySkates

Sep 20, 2012
I've been playing this a lot recently and am currently on 90 Billion (on the PS3).

There are still a few 'rules' I'm not clear on - could somebody answer these easy questions

(1) What are the rules for Super Jets for the 2nd RTU onwards. If I roll through two sets of Super Jets before I get to RTU will the Super Jets be lit for the 2nd RTU? Similarly if I get 3 sets of Super Jets (Its my favourite multi ball shot, OK!) would it be lit for the 2nd and third RTU?

(2) Dumb question and probably one I should have picked up by now. Does a hurry-up shot onto the forcefield automatically lower the forcefield (ala the Super Skill Shot)?

(3) What are the rules for the Victory Lap? Ive worked out the very first loop/ramp scores one but after that Im not too sure!

(4) Just how long do you get after the second from last ball drains on multiball to complete multiball. Ive just had one ridiculous game where I got the Super Jackpot having had one ball left and still requiring TWO ramp/loop shots. I hit both ramps and the super jackpot in a lucky combo, got the Super Jackpot and was a bit stunned to be honest.

(5) Why oh why do I always choke the right loop shot from a trapped ball when I'm waiting for and aiming for the Super Jackpot with one ball left on the table. And the RTU, Stroke of Luck shot. Ive failed to get that with three balls still to play before!

Jul 2, 2012
(1) My understanding on Super Jets + RTU relationship:
  • Super Jets can't be stacked for multiple RTU rounds the way you described
  • Super Jets are active for the rest of the ball once activated, and deactivated once the ball drains
  • If you have Super Jets active when you start RTU, that goal is completed for the next RTU
  • For that to work, you must not drain your ball between activating Super Jets and starting RTU

This is based on a game in which I completed RTU 7 or 8 times (573 billion score). Super Jets were not activated nearly that many times though, maybe 3 times in total, because you don't have to activate them again for the next RTU if you just don't drain between the RTUs.

SlamCitySkates

Sep 20, 2012
(1) My understanding on Super Jets + RTU relationship:
  • Super Jets can't be stacked for multiple RTU rounds the way you described
  • Super Jets are active for the rest of the ball once activated, and deactivated once the ball drains
  • If you have Super Jets active when you start RTU, that goal is completed for the next RTU
  • For that to work, you must not drain your ball between activating Super Jets and starting RTU

This is based on a game in which I completed RTU 7 or 8 times (573 billion score). Super Jets were not activated nearly that many times though, maybe 3 times in total, because you don't have to activate them again for the next RTU if you just don't drain between the RTUs.

That sort of makes sense to me. Do Super Jets keep going until a drain or is there a time limit on them?
Although the thing stopping me getting a high number of RTUs at the moment is the Martian Multiball., Sometimes I get this lit a ton of times by Stroke of Luck (either directly or via the Sneak Attack), sometimes not at all.

PS - What was the number of Martians Killed on your big score? Ive killed over 200 in one game - was that close!?

Jul 2, 2012
That sort of makes sense to me. Do Super Jets keep going until a drain or is there a time limit on them?
Although the thing stopping me getting a high number of RTUs at the moment is the Martian Multiball., Sometimes I get this lit a ton of times by Stroke of Luck (either directly or via the Sneak Attack), sometimes not at all.

PS - What was the number of Martians Killed on your big score? Ive killed over 200 in one game - was that close!?
Haven't seen them time out, in my experience they are running as long as you keep the ball in play.

I honestly didn't remember at all but I still had the end-of-game sequence on video so I could check - 328 martians destroyed :D

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
#3- This is from Brian Dominy's rulesheet:
For the rest of the ball after Ruling the Universe, you can collect Victory Laps by shooting any of the five combo shots. The Combo arrows will be solidly lit. Shooting any arrow unlights that arrow and awards a Victory Lap (complete with whooshing sound effect), initially worth 100M. Shooting the saucer drop target relights all five Victory Lap shots (if any are unlit) and increases the value of the shots by 10M each. The saucer target itself scores 100M per hit for the rest of the game. This is an excellent time to start a multiball, especially Total Annihilation.
The Victory Lap value can increase up to 500M. Maximizing Laps is the key to getting a really high score.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
here's is how superjets works with RTU.
Superjects, once active, stays active until you drain.
Once you activate superjets, the blue light stays lit until you rule the universe.
If Superjets is ACTIVE when RTU is over, then the light remains lit until you drain. this is because you can't activate superjets if it's already active. Draining forces you to reactivate it (but then it stays lit again).

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Since nobody answered this one:

(4) Just how long do you get after the second from last ball drains on multiball to complete multiball. Ive just had one ridiculous game where I got the Super Jackpot having had one ball left and still requiring TWO ramp/loop shots. I hit both ramps and the super jackpot in a lucky combo, got the Super Jackpot and was a bit stunned to be honest.

There's two separate grace durations. When down to one ball, you get about 10 seconds to complete any remaining regular jackpots. If you finish all jackpots (either during the multiball or during the grace period), the Super Jackpot round begins with its own grace period, which the display calls out as "Last Chance". "Last Chance" allows a TON of time: the display counts down from 10, but ticks only about every five seconds, so you've actually got about 50 seconds to grab the super.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.