iOS Version 1.2.8 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamoneagain

Oct 4, 2012
I was just going to ask for some iCade forward nudging love too. :D Another option would be to move the Specials (5 and E1) to Joystick left/right (3 and 4) and make 5/E1 forward nudge left/right. The specials won't be used as often as left/right forward nudging.

Just thought of another way to handle nudging on the iCade. Move the Start (7) and Pause (9) to Joystick 3 and 4 positions. Then buttons 7 and 9 are available for left/right forward nudge.

Yeah, I'm hoping we have some mapping options. Your ideas are good if you haven't modified the unit with side buttons. I would think the joystick would be easier to access with the modified unit. But if we had options, we can setup it however we like.

I might try a few games without the iCade just to see how much the extra nudging helps.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Ipad2, 6.1.1.

This update is awesome! I LOVE both of these tables so far! They both run great and are amazing.

also, 1000 HOF points seems totally reachable on both, so that's good too. Very happy!! :)

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Yeah, I'm hoping we have some mapping options. Your ideas are good if you haven't modified the unit with side buttons. I would think the joystick would be easier to access with the modified unit. But if we had options, we can setup it however we like.

I might try a few games without the iCade just to see how much the extra nudging helps.

I already have three buttons on each side and I can fit a fourth to accommodate left/right forward nudge. I also have another idea how to handle the new nudging options. If FS maps these to the iCade then I'll update my iCade modification thread with more info on it.

If you go will four buttons of each side it doesn't matter where FS maps the buttons too as long as they get mapped.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
From FB:

"We realize that there are customers who have already bought Season Two content that may want to take advantage of the Season Two Pack discount. We would like to offer anyone who buys a Season Two pack that has already purchased Table Pack 11, 12, or 13 a credit equal to the price you paid for the individual table packs, good for anything we sell (now or in the future). Please email customer support at support@pinballarcade.com with your FarSight user name to claim your credit."

Last edited:

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Crashing issues for me too on iOS 6.1.2.

I can open the app but when I click on a table it crashes. I hope they will be able to fix this issue soon.

iamoneagain

Oct 4, 2012
I already have three buttons on each side and I can fit a fourth to accommodate left/right forward nudge. I also have another idea how to handle the new nudging options. If FS maps these to the iCade then I'll update my iCade modification thread with more info on it.

If you go will four buttons of each side it doesn't matter where FS maps the buttons too as long as they get mapped.

I think I was just suggesting the joystick because I don't think I'm going through the trouble adding anymore side buttons. I never got around to adding the special ones. Hope your other idea involves adding a gyroscope to the iCade :)

So far liking the new update. The menu buttons looks much better and Centaur feels pretty close to the real thing. Played a few games while I was up in Seattle at Shorty's two weeks ago. Knew is was coming out soon here so I figured I'd see what the real thing was like. Not nearly as fun as Adam's Family and some of the others there, but not bad for an early 80's machine.

Last edited:

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
Second game of Pinbot I scored 580 hof points and I don't feel I really did much. Second game of Centaur, I had what i thought was a kickass game, rolled the score, got about 11 million and ended with 58 hof points.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Hi fenderbendr, if you could send me your device log it'd be most appreciated. We've isolated the issue on iOS 5.1.1, I'm not sure what is causing the iOS 6.1.2 crash.
Stuart, check out the 1.2.8 bug thread. I've found a work-around for the crash on (at least iOS 6.1)

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
From FB:

"We realize that there are customers who have already bought Season Two content that may want to take advantage of the Season Two Pack discount. We would like to offer anyone who buys a Season Two pack that has already purchased Table Pack 11, 12, or 13 a credit equal to the price you paid for the individual table packs, good for anything we sell (now or in the future). Please email customer support at support@pinballarcade.com with your FarSight user name to claim your credit."

Thanks Jeff! Just sent my email in to them. I'll use the credit for Season Pack THREE!!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I wish Farsight would give us detailed ChangeLogs like this on the PS3 updates.

TPA_Update_iOS_zps649f15e5.png

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Second game of Pinbot I scored 580 hof points and I don't feel I really did much. Second game of Centaur, I had what i thought was a kickass game, rolled the score, got about 11 million and ended with 58 hof points.

You sure you rolled it? I got 129 hof points from a 1.5M game.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
I've been looking forward to Pin Bot since day one, plays awesome on my iPad mini, it may just be me though, but the voice and sounds don't sous quite like I remember. Granted, I haven't seen a Pin Bot machine in years, and I played the NES version constantly...still do occasionally, the sounds just seem off to me.

Anyone else feel that way?

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Is it just me or is Centaur not awarding EBs for specials?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited:

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
From FB:

Doesn't help much when the app didn't say that and you didn't get the newsletter until after purchasing the new pack.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Doesn't help much when the app didn't say that and you didn't get the newsletter until after purchasing the new pack.

It doesn't matter that we purchased the season two pack before we found out about the offer to credit because if you look closely at the wording it states that the offer is to "anyone who buys a Season Two pack that has already purchased Table pack 11, 12, or 13". So this is only offered to those of us that have purchased the Season Two pack plus Packs 11, 12 or 13.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
This is turning out to be an outstanding update, aside from the crash issues. I reverted back to my iPhone 4 (not the S) under iOS 6.1 to do some testing and found quite a surprise when all tables ran pretty much, stutter-free. The worst running seemed to be TZ and even that was fluid enough with only an occasional stutter (and pretty hard to detect at that). Older iDevices (iPhone 4, iPad 2, etc.) under the newer iOS 6.x seemed to have some performance issues but it looks like these have been reduced by a large margin. Looks like some magic was performed behind the scenes. Nice work, guys!

EDIT
Well, Black Hole on iPad 2/iOS v6.1 still has some stuttering so it's not totally resolved yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts