Extra balls not being awarded

Day

Jan 9, 2013
i was initially slightly puzzled when hearing the knocker but suspecting i wasn't being awarded extra balls... put it down to not paying enough attention and not counting whilst playing... but now i'm certain.

i was suspecting this whilst playing through both android beta releases, and now also with the full release through the play store; i've paid full attention through a number of games, extra balls are not being awarded for 1,400,000 or for specials. The knocker sounds but there is no additional ball to play and "shoot again" stays unlit. An extra ball does however get awarded when the inlane/outlane EBs are lit and rolled through. Can't recall if i got one for jupiter or reaching the sun, it's been a while since i advanced as far as either.

i deleted and downloaded the table....no difference

anyone else noticed this ? and do you reckon this is simply that the award is set to a free game (which makes no sense on free-play) and not an EB ?

Last edited:

Hugh Jorgen

Apr 3, 2013
I guess I have to get an EB through the roll over in order to knock it out as a goal.

I got to Neptune and scored over 1.4M, but no wizard goals for me.

N

netizen

When I went into the ROM on Pro-Mode pretty much every reward was set to Credit. So I assume that this is the default setting for the table.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Seems like I'm getting the 1.4M extra ball, but there's no fanfare saying I got it.

Definitely got the extra ball for Jupiter.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
reading the instructions on EB/Special

"...an extra ball is automatically awarded once you score 1,400,000 points" followed immediately thereafter by "Specials also award an extra ball. Advancing to Jupiter automatically awards a special"

i am 100% on not getting the EB for 1,400,000

so looks to me like FS forgot to change the rom setting here (?)

addendum.... looking at the platforms of you guys who have contributed (thanks!), it seems to be working fine on iOS and not working fine on Android. correct ?

Last edited:
N

netizen

I don't mind having the settings set to credit honestly. But I wish that the settings would be consistent across all the tables on all the platforms.

After months of complaining that the games lasted too long and that extra balls were handed out too often, I would have thought this shift would be embraced and welcomed :-/

Day

Jan 9, 2013
I don't mind having the settings set to credit honestly. But I wish that the settings would be consistent across all the tables on all the platforms.

After months of complaining that the games lasted too long and that extra balls were handed out too often, I would have thought this shift would be embraced and welcomed :-/

you know i agree with you..... i also would prefer settings which lean slightly more towards increased operator revenues rather than the tables handing out tables with wreckless abandon; we should all rightfully feel a sense of accomplishment when we finally beat all the standard/wizard goals. I wasn't really thinking much about this (as originally stated, was just a little puzzled) until i saw this post http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/4551-Whelp-1000-points-on-my-first-night-playing this morning. And now that the official table release pack is available i was also looking at the hi-scores and notices a hike in leaderboard scores. i'm absolutely all in favour of a reining-in of current liberal gameplay settings, what does irk is to think we are not all playing on a level field.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Honestly Pin*Bot needs all the extra balls it can get, as the angry god of left outlane demands constant sacrifice in steel.

N

netizen

Honestly Pin*Bot needs all the extra balls it can get, as the angry god of left outlane demands constant sacrifice in steel.

And that's where buying Pro-Mode comes in. You can set it up how you desire. IMO

Hugh Jorgen

Apr 3, 2013
addendum.... looking at the platforms of you guys who have contributed (thanks!), it seems to be working fine on iOS and not working fine on Android. correct ?

Best I can tell, but as I said it doesn't register either, at least for me, as a completion of the Standard Goal.
Rolling over EB in the inlane completed that.

Thnikkaman

Sep 28, 2012
I can confirm that I am getting extra balls when I'm supposed to, but I don't ever hear the knocker unless I make the high score table and earn credits for it. This is kinda strange...

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Yeah just tried it again. Hit 1.3M, drained with no extra ball, bonus carried me past 1.4M. No award sound but next ball displayed as Ball 1.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
Another confirmation that this bug is fixed, just played pinbot and was awarded 3 EBs while I was kickin butt

Members online

Members online