Game breaking bug

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Was close to rolling the game a second time at 18 million and encountered a game breaking bug. Came out of multiball, 4 ball I think, last ball drained and voila, nowhere to be found, didn't start next ball. The game counted down my bonus and then nothing happened. I tried calling attendant and tilting to no avail. Very frustrating to have this happen on my first big game, and it makes me not want to play a table that I love and have been waiting for...

iPhone 4S, newest software.

Last edited:

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Had something different happen to me -- at the end of a multiball, I lost all my balls, but the game seemed to think I still had one on the table. I hit "call attendant" expecting it to refuse as usual, but to my surprise the attendant returned a ball to the plunger. Continued my game, but soon realized the ball it moved must have been the captive ball, because it was now gone from the captive area!! Once that ball drained, it was back to the same state -- it seemed to think I still had a ball out but I did t, and I was forced to restart.

K

Korven

Pezpunk, this is pretty much like the thing I had. First call attendant worked (didnt take notice that is was the captured ball that got sent to the plunger) and the next time game breaks...

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Yep, it's a bug alright - actually, two bugs

Ah ha ha ha, that's funny! Okay, not really :)

The Attendant, when called, takes the captive ball from the Queen's Chamber and drops it in the plunger lane!

Same bug reported here: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/4563-Call-Attendant

But yeah, Centaur has lost track of balls for me as well. It may be when I've had five balls in play from ORBS targets and *then* gotten the Guardian rollovers to release another ball; a sixth ball is not released but perhaps the game thinks it has?

Last edited:

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Had something different happen to me -- at the end of a multiball, I lost all my balls, but the game seemed to think I still had one on the table. I hit "call attendant" expecting it to refuse as usual, but to my surprise the attendant returned a ball to the plunger. Continued my game, but soon realized the ball it moved must have been the captive ball, because it was now gone from the captive area!! Once that ball drained, it was back to the same state -- it seemed to think I still had a ball out but I did t, and I was forced to restart.

This is actually closer to what happened to me. I tilted, then called the attendant. Got a ball in the plunger, let it drain, then back to the original problem with call attendant not working. I didn't see if the one it gave from the call attendant was from the captive ball.

EDIT: The bug hit me again and it gave the captive ball after calling attendant.

Last edited:

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Happened to me again two apprehensive games after the one last night. This bug has officially made this table unplayable for me.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Decided to keep playing this table despite my best judgment (can't stop!) It seems that the likelihood of this bug increases when you have 5 balls in play and possibly when you have double drains. I played a long game intentionally trying to stay at 3 balls in play or less and didn't hit the bug. This may have been a coincidence, maybe not. I did drain intentionally after I passed the top score on the leaderboard out of fear- not my idea of good risk/reward.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Not to excuse it but what advantage is there of 3+ balls on the table? Do they work as a score multiplier or something for the four seconds you're able to keep them in play? Apart from it being fun as hell of course.

Really I'm not too sure about mid game strategy in general on this table. I'll have a good ball, grab the Queens Chamber EB, max the bonus and multiplier, then I'm sitting there with a ball on each flipper thinking welp, what now.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Not to excuse it but what advantage is there of 3+ balls on the table? Do they work as a score multiplier or something for the four seconds you're able to keep them in play? Apart from it being fun as hell of course.

Really I'm not too sure about mid game strategy in general on this table. I'll have a good ball, grab the Queens Chamber EB, max the bonus and multiplier, then I'm sitting there with a ball on each flipper thinking welp, what now.

Not much, really. I actually prefer using 2 or 3 three balls to get some extra orbs in reserve and then just hit the queens chamber when I'm down to one. Keeping a controlled multiball with one ball trapped assures not getting a double drain. As far as mid-game strategy, it really is just wash rinse and repeat- use multiball to minimize risk of knocking down orb drops to get more orbs in reserve, and hit the chamber when you have one in play. The bonus collect in the upper right can be a huge opportunity, so trapping on the left flipper and timing it with 4 or ideally 5x is great. I love Centaur, but once you have a good ball going like you described, it can get repetitive.

Last edited:

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Ugh, just happened again! By far my best game ever -- hit 10 million (rolled the scoreboard) on my first ball. I finally lose my ball ... And nothing happens. After waiting forever ( is there no ball finder on this table??) I call attendant, only to have them move the captive ball to the plunger. Great. Once it drains, nothing continues to happen. So i tilt on purpose. No effect. Game unfinishable. Man why does EVERY FREAKING TABLE PACK include bugs that leave games in unfinishable states? It is crazy frustrating.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
NICE!!! First game of Centaur in months, playing in tournament...3M first ball and boom-game ending bug. Thanks a lot Farsight for fixing tables for the tournament. Almost makes me want to try Circus Voltaire. :rolleyes:

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Actually Circus Voltaire for PC is playing real well. Color of ball and color of neon lights even change each time you boot the game up. Much progress. Other issues seem fixed too.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Just happened to me as well while being on 11 M on first ball. FS should really upgrade the Call Attendant button so that it can make a Hard Reset of that ball.

Getting top #100 on the leaderboard is not so much about skill it seems but to stay out of the bugs!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
My understanding is that Centaur is emulated; could it be a ROM bug? If that's the case, FS can't fix it. Probably one of those that is very rare in real play and if it does happen, the attendant is able to fix it, probably.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Bump!

Got a real Centaur just yesterday and my gf just had the exact same bug. On ball 5 and after draining the last one of a 5-ball multiball the machine acted just like I've seen I do in Tpa on many occasions on tables affected with the end game multiball bug.

Only difference being now I could take the glass of and fix it myself 🙌

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Bump!

Got a real Centaur just yesterday and my gf just had the exact same bug. On ball 5 and after draining the last one of a 5-ball multiball the machine acted just like I've seen I do in Tpa on many occasions on tables affected with the end game multiball bug.

Only difference being now I could take the glass of and fix it myself ��

Sometimes I wish TPA wasn't so realistic. :D
Most of all, congrats on getting a Centaur!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Bump!

Nice purchase :D

And I guess that pretty much confirms it's a ROM bug!!

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Bump!

What exactly fixed it on the table?
Were balls not loading into the trough properly?

Members online

Members online