Say that again...

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
Is there a list of quotes from Centaur? My Google-fu is failing me.

The audio is awesome on this table, but I just can't make out a couple of things being said during gameplay.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Given the theme you'll probably have better luck playing the samples backwards.

Man I love this table.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Do we know the name of the guy doing the voice? I swear it's the same voice-over guy that did stuff like Levi ads in the 70s. Heck, he might still be currently doing movie trailers.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Sound test mode

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=odU4C3O6UaY

Some examples

Destroy Centaur
2x completed, 3x completed (and so on)
Release power orbs
Guardian releases power orbs
Bad move, human
Slow, aren't you
Only single value
Double's queen's chamber
No class, human (when you tilt)

If you want to hear the "features" sequence during attract mode, as soon as your game ends and before the start button comes back up on the screen keep tapping the flipper areas of your screen and Centaur will go through its features once while back in attract mode. This normally happens when the real machine is in attract mode without coins in it and someone presses a flipper button.

Bonus feature
Chamber feature
Sequence feature
Guardian feature
Orbs feature

Also, he says "energize me" when coins are put in.

There's probably more but I can't think of the others right now.

Last edited:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Sound test mode

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=odU4C3O6UaY

Some examples

Destroy Centaur
2x completed, 3x completed (and so on)
Release power orbs
Guardian releases power orbs
Bad move, human
Slow, aren't you
Only single value
Double's queen's chamber
No class, human (when you tilt)

If you want to hear the "features" sequence during attract mode, as soon as your game ends and before the start button comes back up on the screen keep tapping the flipper areas of your screen and Centaur will go through its features once whle back in attract mode. This normally happens when the real machine is in attract mode without coins in it and someone presses a flipper button.

Bonus feature
Chamber feature
Sequence feature
Guardian feature
Orbs feature

Also, he says "energize me" when coins are put in.

There's probably more but I can't think of the others right now.
i miss the "energize me" when putting the coin in the real world. The xbox 360 video had it saying energize me but don't seem to have it on the iOS version. oh and theres activate power orb , energize power orb, begin orbian attack , release target activated.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
i miss the "energize me" when putting the coin in the real world.

Yeah, you'd think FS would place those opening sound bites at the "Start" button. I know I was expecting the mechanical sound of score tumblers and drop targets resetting when pressing "Start" on the EM machines.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I wish FarSight would have done a pro version for this table for no other reason than to listen to the sounds. Also while in a pro mode on a table, if you press the flipper buttons it acts like it would without having quarters in it. For example, the car horns in TZ.

androidlove

Aug 23, 2012
Do we know the name of the guy doing the voice? I swear it's the same voice-over guy that did stuff like Levi ads in the 70s. Heck, he might still be currently doing movie trailers.
I came to the Centaur forum to ask the same question. He sounds like a guy who did B movie trailers in the 60's. Is it Don LaFontaine?

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012

That would be no other than native Chicagoan, Ken Nordine.
Ken did countless TV commercials and was the voice of the announcer on Walt Disney's Sunday night show during the 60's. He was actually a famous "Beat" poet and the host of his own BBC radio show called "Word Jazz" and made guest appearance doing spoken word at Grateful Dead shows. He has an extensive vinyl and CD "discography. You can also download some of his work on YouTube and his own website.

Timelord ...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ken Nordine. Thank you oh great Timelord. That was a question that was bugging me for years!

Found this in my research.

Last edited:

androidlove

Aug 23, 2012
Now I know why the voice is so familiar. A few years ago, I made a House/Trance album and used old ads for vocals. There's one sample that sounds just like him.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Now I know why the voice is so familiar. A few years ago, I made a House/Trance album and used old ads for vocals. There's one sample that sounds just like him.

You need to release a single with just the voice samples from Centaur. You could make the beat faster when he says "4x completed"

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.