Wow, 1981?

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I wish this had came with the PRO treatment i would go into the menu and set it for 5 balls.
Agreed. I wish this table was released as a Pro version rather than PinBot since I like it much better...but then again, PinBot was/is likely much more popular. I wonder though what the exact criteria is for which tables are released as Pro versions.

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
2 years after Gorgar. Nice advancement of the talking pinball machine.

Yes and an impressive implementation of multiball. This table is starting to be one of my favs. the accuracy needed for getting higher scores is a plus. Especially hitting the drop targets in sequence. This and Whitewater I've been playing consistently for the PS3.

warsaw303

Jun 8, 2012
My Dad and I actually used to own one of these in the early 90's. I never knew it was supposed to have the reverb effect until I played it in person recently and now the TPA version.

To me, it always sounds like he's saying "FLOYD CENTAUR". Like that's his name.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Is there a confirmed list of speech? I think I hear things right but then again my friends consider me the king of mis-hearing song lyrics too. All the "feature" phrases are pretty clear. I also get "Bad move, human", "So hearty" and "no class human"

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Of all the tables I did play back in the day, and I played most all of them (especially the earlier SS games)... yet SOMEHOW, I don't remember ever seeing this table at the many many haunts I made my rounds through (back when there was SOMETHING with video/pinball just about every other block). And this thing is so good, I know I wouldn't have forgotten playing it. Maybe at most, I walked by one somewhere once or twice if even that.

And get this... it doesn't even suck on Vita! It plays very smooth even with 5 balls. This might fast become my #1 overall favorite (in part because it's new to ME)

As for strategy (noticed there's no stickied strategy thread here yet), it seems the #1 thing to do besides shoot for ORBS in order and multiball is to get that Collect Bonus from the right lane target, and time the shot from a trap for the high multiplier (shoot just after 3x lights... that's about the right time). A 5x collect can be hundreds of thousands. It's the single highest scoring shot available.

And btw, one of the great design elements of this table is that for ONCE, center drop targets are NOT drain monsters! FOR ONCE!!
The inlane/outlanes are entirely fair and you can get the bumper save from the outlane about as often as you could fairly hope... which is to say, a bit less than half the time in my experience. Still looking for the perfectly timed/directed nudge to help those odds a bit.

Oh, and this table LETS you nudge! That's also really great... sick of tables like Genie where any single nudge at any time can be a tilt.

Last edited:

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Got to the #4 spot. That 80 something million, if legit... that's going to be hard to touch. I had an incredible string of good fortune along my way to 28.6M and more EBs than I even realized I had.

I had a "lost ball game ending glitch" that plagues too many tables... happened one time but it looks to at least be very rare overall for Centaur, since I've had so much crazy non-stop multiball going on since then and it hasn't happened again yet. Other than that, this table is pretty flawless.

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
Centaur is the most goth thing I have ever seen. Can you imagine the hole in the wall these tables used to end up in?

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Just got season two.

I found this table to be very fun and appealing. I can't explain why. It's becoming one of my favorites.

Members online

Members online