Bug Didn't get sun special wizard goal

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
Man, I registered on here JUST to complain about this table, lol! First, I completed 3 standard goals, and was then told I completed them all, so wizard goals unlocked... but no trophy popped of course, since I didn't actually complete all the standard goals. Fortunately, I was able to complete the other 2 standard goals even though I couldn't look to see what they were anymore (since they were replaced by the wizard goals). So then, I went and started completing the wizard goals, and finished a game to be told I had beaten the wizard mode goals! Of course again, no trophy popped cause I hadn't actually completed them all. But at this point, my save data was totally corrupted, and I was unable to get the goals to pop for score a million solar bonus and score a sun special, as people have indicated in this thread. Well, I tried all kinds of ways to make this work... made sure I didn't have the next planet light on, tried twice in one game... etc. I ended up getting this sun special like 10 times to no avail! I imagine it was because it already glitched on me while trying to get the standard goals.

I quit the game, restarted my vita, and got the sun special and solar bonus > a million like 10 times, never popped. Finally, I reinstalled the game, and did it all over again, and finally it worked! But damn, I'm pretty disappointed with the piss poor quality control this game seems to have. A few other tables have glitched on me as well, but they didn't end up having such dire consequences like this one did.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Got the goal properly awarded on Vita the first time I did it... but I can't say for sure if special was the only thing lit on the target when I hit it.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
This thread is over a year old and these problems still exist. Are these issues really that hard to fix? In my last TPA session alone, I had at least 3 goals fail to be awarded. I got to the sun and earned the special and got nothing (well an extra ball). I collected an (exactly) 1 million point solar value and it didn't award it till my next (1.75M) solar value. I also missed out on the "sweep the drop targets", multiple times, on Flight 2000. Thank god it noticed when I hit Warp 9.9 in ST:TNG or I'd be livid.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I got to the sun and earned the special and got nothing (well an extra ball).

To get the Sun Special on Pin*Bot:

Like all specials requested as a wizard goal (like Monster Bash special for example), the Sun Special must be collected with a single ball in play: it means that the visor is closed, no ball locked, just one ball in the playfield.

- Collect the special during multiball: don't register
- Collect the special when a ball is locked: don't register
- Collect the special when the visor is open: don't register

- Collect the special during "normal" play: register.

As soon as you lit the sun, if you're in multiball, lose the second ball, shot anywhere to close the visor (if you trap the ball, the visor will stay open until you shoot).

Then, aim directly to the special target (risky) or pray for the ball to bounce on the left slingshot and goes straight to the target.

kythlyn

Jan 10, 2015
To get the Sun Special on Pin*Bot:

Like all specials requested as a wizard goal (like Monster Bash special for example), the Sun Special must be collected with a single ball in play: it means that the visor is closed, no ball locked, just one ball in the playfield.

- Collect the special during multiball: don't register
- Collect the special when a ball is locked: don't register
- Collect the special when the visor is open: don't register

- Collect the special during "normal" play: register.

Is this actually by design or is it a bug? Seems like pretty cruel and misleading design if it isn't a bug... and if it's a bug, shouldn't it be squished by now?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Is this actually by design or is it a bug? Seems like pretty cruel and misleading design if it isn't a bug... and if it's a bug, shouldn't it be squished by now?

It's definitely a bug, on all tables which have a special to collect, as a wizard goal. It happens too on a more recent table like BSD.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012

The reason for it is because they usually use sound cues or dmd animations to register the goals. When you earn a special in multiball, often a shortened version of the animation/sound will play and the game isn't programmed to recognize the shortened version.

Members online

Members online