Bug Didn't get sun special wizard goal

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Haven't reached past Earth yet, but I did spend over an hour racking up that 1M+ Solar Bonus and collected it without the goal registering.

Actually I think I read that the special for reaching the Sun disappears if you advance past it without collecting it.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Well, I know I collected it because I earned the EB. But how to you advance past it? You would have to collect it to keep going, wouldn't you?

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Did you hit the right target after getting there? That was apparently the sticking point on the Wii version.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
So, how can you miss this goal doing that? I have experienced both this goal not being registered and the solar bonus goal not being registered. I am not 100% sure though if all was done exactly right but 99% sure at least.

Put it this way, has anyone gotten these goals registered?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I have earned all the wizard goals now. But had to do each separately in different games. Seems if I earned one goal in a game, it wouldn't let another register in the same game.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I actually managed to register both solar and sun special goals in one game, a few hours later. For the solar bonus I went over 1M just for safety measures. I also waited for the shot until the HUD was "normal". Sometimes goals don't register if there is too much going on.

The sun special I think was a matter of shooting it directly and not accidently go back to Pluto again (through the drop targets). It could also be a matter of randomness, I don't know...

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Same problem here on Android:
I reached the sun and the right Spezial was lighting. I lost the ball and with the next ball I hit the right green lighting goal. Adv. Planet spot. The master goal was to recognize, but the plants starts at Pluto.
Also a bug on Android: I over roll the points and could insert the 3 char. But the points are not showing anymore. 9.999.999 look like the highest one

Gesendet von meinem A510 mit Tapatalk 2

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I'm a bit ticked off. On PS3, I've done both the sun goal and 1M solar goal twice and neither time did they trigger. I just don't have the patience with that table to try again.

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
How do you score the Solar bonus? Couldn't find anything in the instructions.

Edit: Found out. Disregard.

Last edited:

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
I'm a bit ticked off. On PS3, I've done both the sun goal and 1M solar goal twice and neither time did they trigger. I just don't have the patience with that table to try again.

Yeah im having a prob here as well. I've got the sun goal, but it wont register the solar bonus. Plus i thought the value was supposed to double during multiball, but its not. I even took it above a million and started up multi b, locked one, scored the bonus, showed me receiving the 1.1 mil on the hud, but no goal. What gives?

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Hmm, I got the solar bonus but for me the goal for reaching the sun didn't trigger (fortunately the table is easier than the PHOF version, I NEVER reached the sun there). I'll give it another try when I'm in the mood.

The solar bonus can only be earned during Multiball, it's a special bonus and that's why it doesn't fall under the 2x scoring.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Yeah after i thought about it for a second, it occured to me that the solar bonus wouldnt be included in the 2x multi b points. I did hit it at 1.1 and it didn't register though.

However i did have quite the rockin' game in which i was able to get the solar bonus to register after bringing it up to 5 mil. I was also able to get the 495,000 point goal in the same game, though im not positive if it was the same ball.

I ended up with 15,237,630...which puts me currently at 27th all-time :cool: lol i'll take that! :D

twotontim

Sep 8, 2012
After collecting the Sun Special twice without triggering the goal, last night did it again and it finally worked.

I'm very sure that this time when it actually triggered, Advance Planet was NOT lit. I want to say that at least the last time I activated it without triggering the goal, AP WAS lit (and I seem to recall the first time it was lit as well -- although I'm not remotely sure).

I don't care nearly enough to vet this theory, but if anyone is still trying to make the goal pop this is something to keep in mind?

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
About 10 minutes ago I got to the sun with the drop Targets then the special light was lit on the target above the right outlane. got the extra ball because it was on ball 3 and nothing Clicked. Kind of frustrating but I think I can do it again at some point. I find this table easier to keep the ball in play more than any other in TPA.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
About 10 minutes ago I got to the sun with the drop Targets then the special light was lit on the target above the right outlane. got the extra ball because it was on ball 3 and nothing Clicked. Kind of frustrating but I think I can do it again at some point. I find this table easier to keep the ball in play more than any other in TPA.
I was able to get it to pop for me.

I got to most of the planets with the 3 drop down targets, but I went with the left inlane and right target combo for Mercury and The Sun. Once I collected the special from the right target, the goal popped.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
I got the sun goal with the 3rd try. This time I made sure that onyl the special was lit and the planets didn't advance again to Pluto - this worked.

Pin*bot is a fine table and, surprisingly, easier than Space Shuttle.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I got the sun goal with the 3rd try. This time I made sure that only the special was lit and the planets didn't advance again to Pluto - this worked.
Ah! So that's where the snag is at. That would explain why a few of us got the goal, while others didn't. When I got the special, it was the only thing that was lit on that target.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.