outlane posts

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
This could be something i am doing wrong / issues with nudging. It seems the outlane post are more difficult then the RL ones i remember. If this is just me doing something wrong which is likely what is the correct way to deal with outlanes. Every so often ill have a game that the outlanes turn into vacuum cleaners which i just hit reset and start over .

N

netizen

They suck!

It seems like there is a code on how many times they will save, regardless of how much you nudge. :p

I think the posts are too low, myself. The right gate is broken, and the semi automatic way that it does get done is really bizarre, almost magnetic in its fashion.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
They suck!

It seems like there is a code on how many times they will save, regardless of how much you nudge. :p

I think the posts are too low, myself. The right gate is broken, and the semi automatic way that it does get done is really bizarre, almost magnetic in its fashion.
do you mean the way the ball seems to get sucked through the gate sometimes? that's basically how ALL gates work in TPA. if a ball is moving slowly when it hits the gate, it kind of pops through. that's been there since the beginning, probably to squash some bug on some early table regarding unexpected rollbacks or something? just guessing. anyway, it is one of the most noticeable quirks of TPA.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
do you mean the way the ball seems to get sucked through the gate sometimes? that's basically how ALL gates work in TPA. if a ball is moving slowly when it hits the gate, it kind of pops through. that's been there since the beginning, probably to squash some bug on some early table regarding unexpected rollbacks or something? just guessing. anyway, it is one of the most noticeable quirks of TPA.
Many gates in TPA are designed to force any ball that comes in contact with them through to the other side. This behavior prevents slow-moving balls from getting stuck in the gates. (This is actually rather nice, as on real machines one of the prime locations for balls to get stuck is in one-way gates.)

N

netizen

No, I mean the way that ball gets stuck in it, and then falls back into the outlane.

I am aware of the way that the oneway gates are scripted in the emulation itself to try and get around this happening, yet it happens regardless on the R Outlane gate in Centaur; I have not had this same issue happen on the L Outlane. The problem with the outlanes, imo, is that the "save" either does the scripted oneway gate vacuum, or does nothing, no matter how hard, or where you nudge.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
No, I mean the way that ball gets stuck in it, and then falls back into the outlane.

I am aware of the way that the oneway gates are scripted in the emulation itself to try and get around this happening, yet it happens regardless on the R Outlane gate in Centaur; I have not had this same issue happen on the L Outlane. The problem with the outlanes, imo, is that the "save" either does the scripted oneway gate vacuum, or does nothing, no matter how hard, or where you nudge.
i have had the ball fall out of that right outlane gate many times. it acts like it will go through stops in the middle and back in the outlane it will go nudging will not help.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.