Zaccaria Pinball - Favorite Physics Settngs?

night

May 18, 2012
A couple issues I've noticed with this game is right out of the chute, the ball gets whapped back and forth between a bumper in the upper right, the bank of three ZZZ drop targets, and a slingshot that you can't see (might just be a rubber bumper.)

Yes, there is a slingshot there, it first was not working and was just rubber.

Playfield Tilt: +6.00 degrees
Flipper Force: +5.40 A
Rubber Elasticity: +60% (as close as those ****ing sliders will let you get)
Ball Friction: +50.00 %
Slingshot Force: +3.50 A
Bumper Force: +4.00 A
Ball Velocity: 315.20 cm/s (approximately)

I too have spend a lot of tweaking on Robot and compared it with youtubes. From there on I also started to compare the physics with other Zaccaria tables for some more fine-tuning. (Every table is different so you settle for a compromise).
There are 2 things I notice: 1. LOTS of rubber elasticity (even more than I can get out of the Zaccaria physics settings) 2. Bumper and slightshot force, they look powerful and frantic, lots of action. Compensate on these settings might result in easier gameplay but I prefer to emulate the physics as close as possible with real life tables.
Of course this is just a personal interpretation, I see what I see and you might prefer and see it different. Because every table is different I hope for physic setting for each table in the near future!

These settings I have been playing with for some weeks now and they feel the most realistic (to me):

Playfield Tilt: 6
Flipper Force: 5.08
Rubber Elasticity: 80% (for sure, and I find it still a bit too stiff compared to real life physics.) (>TPA on the other hand is over-the-top!!)
Ball Friction: 52.06 %
Slingshot Force: 5
Bumper Force: 4.80 A
Ball Velocity: 322.09

Chellspecker

Apr 20, 2013
It's difficult to get something that's challenging but not so challenging that it isn't fun. It's great to be able to control it. The physics on Zen tables are so unrealistic that you're really just figuring out how to complete the table goals, not keeping the ball from draining, which is at least half of what pinball is about. I'll give these a try. Thanks for putting in the time tweaking these.

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Still a Zaccaria newbie (and pondering if buying the gold member pack was worth it), and it seems the settings you posted helped make playing a bit more enjoyable. Thanks for sharing!

Chellspecker

Apr 20, 2013
Still a Zaccaria newbie (and pondering if buying the gold member pack was worth it), and it seems the settings you posted helped make playing a bit more enjoyable. Thanks for sharing!

The gold member pack might be worth it if they actually end up publishing the 27 promised tables. We've had one new one since the initial eight. Blackbelt is a decent table, I like the rotating drop target wheel. I find I get frustrated if I start tweaking the settings too much and end up second-guessing myself. It would be nice if A.S.K. Homework published some physics settings for each table, say to make it a little easier or harder. It seems even changing one setting can really change the gameplay a lot. Shots that you practice making with one set don't work with another. I think having that much control might be a mixed blessing. I hope they put a good amount of testing into the default settings for each table and are not leaving it up to the customers too much.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They actually started with only 4 tables and have put out a new one just about every month since then.
May I suggest looking through this thread for setting suggestions. There are several posts that show some others players favorite settings. You might not find them 100% to your liking but they are a good place to start.
I don't regret buying the gold pack one bit. I've never played a Zac table in real life, so these are a real treat.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Yeo Kolchak is correct, there were only 3-4 on release, the gold pack was offered I think early on which I bought right away and I've been enjoying the benefits since then, a new table released just about every month. Extremely happy with the regular content and the love the dev is showing towards our recommendations.

Thumbs up, a 1000 kudos and may the bird of paradise flight over A.S.K houses for all the good work they've done so far!

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Ok. I change my mind. After playing a dozen games of Robot I realize now that you do need to adjust the physics to have any fun. Count me in as converted. LOL I am checking out the various physics settings you all are mentioning. So far all I can say is WOW...what a difference! You all are right....Robot is a tough table that did need some tweaking to be fun. Those 60 second games kind of disappoint you after having it happen over and over again.

I also agree that it would be nice to have different setups for each tables physics so you could tailor the physics for each table individually. Thanks for posting the settings you are all using. I am trying them all out now. I will tell you what I come up with as my favorite when I figure it out. I also just discovered that in music you can put it on Random and have it select music out of your own ipod music list. Very, very cool. I wish TPA would have this feature.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
fast forward to 10-27-13. iOS 7.0.3 has been out. It now seems just slide the switch to arcade and all is well. Just be prepared to nudge .

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
My fast fun Farfalla settings
Tilt 6
Force 5.3
Elasticity 59
Friction 56
Slingshot 3
Bumper 4.5
Velocity 400
Velocity seems to have quite a different effect to what you would imagine. I can't quite work out how the physics settings actually map to real physics. They don't do quite what you expect them to do, and very tiny tweaks seem to change a lot of behavior, depending on the table.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
When they tweaked the physics settings again my custom settings aren't any good anymore. I can't figure out settings that will let me backhand anything. Or really hit anything in the middle of the table. Anyone have anything that works well?

night

May 18, 2012
When they tweaked the physics settings again my custom settings aren't any good anymore. I can't figure out settings that will let me backhand anything. Or really hit anything in the middle of the table. Anyone have anything that works well?

The physics are a drama after the update. I can't play Zaccaria this way, my custom settings don't make sense. Slingshots are also weaker and the ball behavior feels unrealistic. I hope Zsolt will fix this a.s.a.p.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012

With TPA I can aim and hit most anything with practice.

With Zaccaria it has always felt like I have very little influence on the path the ball takes.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I can aim at things and get reasonable accuracy (I just use the simulation physics setting) most of the time but find it very difficult to get the ball to go up ramps such as the second level on Pinball Champ or the bridge in Robot.... I've actually gotten pretty good at hitting the middle target on Blackbelt now.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.