Solar bonus cheat?

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Much like in Elvira you can use previous games to build up ELVIR letters so its easy to get the big score on your game, I found you can do the same on pinbot with the solar bonus. I'm not as good as you guys up there boasting about getting 1000 points everywhere, so I need all the help I can get.

If you can live with yourself, keep shooting the ramp to get your solar bonus up above 5M - it goes up to 5.95M but then the next shot takes it back to 5 - without ever restarting a game or getting this bonus awarded. If you lock two balls then relock one, its time to drain or wait if you want to try this strategy.

so about 5.6M may be a good place to aim for. Now at the start of your next game, go for the solar bonus and boom! Your score will start at about 6M points before you did any real work.

Ok it's a cheat a bit like watching players flail in an arcade then stepping in when they built up the jackpot high enough.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I think that's called "gaming the system". I wouldn't call it a cheat if the rules allow it, but I would call it an exploit. And I have no problems being exploitive. Just ask my helper-monkey.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yes, the solar value is supposed to carry over.

But it's not gamebreaking. the real way to points is the 100k skillshot. :) Keep pounding the ramp, and nudge the ball into the plunger lane. the skillshot multiplier goes up to at least 10x (for one million) and it may go higher. If you are good at getting the ball back after the skillshot, and good at making it, you can roll the game in real life.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Yes, the solar value is supposed to carry over.

But it's not gamebreaking. the real way to points is the 100k skillshot. :) Keep pounding the ramp, and nudge the ball into the plunger lane. the skillshot multiplier goes up to at least 10x (for one million) and it may go higher. If you are good at getting the ball back after the skillshot, and good at making it, you can roll the game in real life.

It tops out at 10X and unfortunately it doesn't stay there (unlike how Funhouse Million+ will give you unlimited ten millions). Tough to get the ramp shot to get back to the plunger lane but great when it happens. I try to concentrate on the skill shot that opens the visor. When MB ends, do whatever you can to trap the ball before you ever hit any of the visor targets. If you trap the ball and the visor has yet to close, shoot the ramp so the ball doesn't careen into the targets and blow your chance. Easiest way to hit the skill shot, I think, is to trap right (post transfer from left if needed) and shoot the far left target on the top row. Drop the flipper down to take the shot just as the top target on the vertical row lights. Anyway, get that, lock a ball, and that's another plunger skill shot you get.

One advantage to the Vita (which I primarily play on) is that touchscreen ball launching is extremely precise and accurate... so I can hit the 100K skill shot every single time.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
it loops around back to 1x skillshot? :(
Still that's 5.5 million just for collecting those 10 skillshots. do it twice and you've rolled it for sure. And solar value is only 100k+50k per ramp shot. If you've gotten the ball into the plunger lane a lot from the ramp, it does speed the process along a bit.

Members online

Members online