My god, that wind noise on Whirlwind

N

netizen

I wonder how much of this is the frequency response of the speakers in mobile devices.

In my Nexus 10 the spinners/storm noise is totally loud, but when I wear a good pair of headphones the sound is quite a bit more balanced.

I am not saying that wearing headphones makes all the sound problems go away, in fact wearing really good quality headphones will make many of the audio issues in TPA that much more noticeable, but this isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I think this is a good example of where TPA actually should adjust things that actually exist on a real table but that really is just a flaw to begin with. Like they fix bugs they have found on the ROM's.

N

netizen

I think this is a good example of where TPA actually should adjust things that actually exist on a real table but that really is just a flaw to begin with. Like they fix bugs they have found on the ROM's.

If FarSight started fixing the bugs in existing ROMs the license holders would never sign off. The best we could hope for would be to have the Pro Mode tables allow for "Flashing" of additional ROMs other than the default release version.

N

netizen

That's some very curious wording ... If they are "fixing" existing "bugs" in the release ROM then the table is not in the release state, and there is no excuse to not just add features. Things like the missing Hold Bonus in WH20 etc.

This should really be a question for Bobby King in the next round of questions because it seems counter to the sort of info that was communicated earlier, iirc.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
I'm hoping in a patch we can get a volume slider for that sound in particular, those that don't like it (including me) can turn it down.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Sometimes a ROM issue can be fixed without changing the ROM. I've personally done this on occasion for VP. usually by putting in an auto reset on a bank of drop targets on a Premier table.

Members online

Members online