My god, that wind noise on Whirlwind

milhouse6

Sep 28, 2012
It's ridiculous. Was thrilled this game showed up but laughed my face off when I heard that. Just me or does the fan/wind sound make Whirlwind almost unplayable?

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I dunno...with these sound issues being brought up with WW, you think I'd be hating it along with the rest of you but I am simply not. Since I've never played a real one & really do not know how it's "supposed" to sound, I'm playing it and enjoying it as a new table/new experience.

I do realize that if this is NOT how it's supposed to sound, yes the issue should be resolved and likely will be by Farsight in due time. In the meantime, I'm having fun! :cool:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I too have never played WW in real life. But that horrible noise got me the first time I heard it. Glad to see they will be fixing it.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It definitely is great motivation to lock balls quickly. The table definitely has several sound issues. I've noticed inconsistent volume levels for various sound effects and speech. Sometimes the same speech will be at different levels depending on what else is happening.

LeBaron

Jun 8, 2013
Wind sound? Do you mean that mechanical sound? It's awful!

Agreed. What a racket! Not exactly the easiest table to score points on either. Don't think I can stand the sound of it for long enough to even get into double figures.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
those spinners are crying out for some lubricant... for christ's sakes...someone call for a mechanic

it's not as enjoyable for me as the williams arcade phof version. for novelty entertainment, i'll stick to champion pub for now

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
looking at that video. Is there any way in TPA version to cradle with right flipper but still use upper flipper separately?

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
I agree it's awful! The sound quality of Whirlwind and Pinbot have been a big letdown on TPA. They both sounded fantastic in PHOF but they just don't sound good in TPA, even using headphones. The rusty spinners in Whirlwind make it even worse. I just don't get why some tables sound great in TPA, while others sound so poor.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I agree it's awful! The sound quality of Whirlwind and Pinbot have been a big letdown on TPA. They both sounded fantastic in PHOF but they just don't sound good in TPA, even using headphones. The rusty spinners in Whirlwind make it even worse. I just don't get why some tables sound great in TPA, while others sound so poor.

Ya, WhiteWater sounds terrible too. like they recorded from an AM radio at 8 kbps, and then tortured the sound engineer some more just for fun.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
It's just way too loud and overpowers everything else. Maybe reduce that sound by 50%, that would be a start.

Members online

Members online