First impression

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
Never played this irl.

This seems to me like a really funny and straightforward table.

I never read the rulesheet before playing (I do that later), but I got the grasp of this fast.

But will it keep my interest up?

Good table, though.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I guess it's a matter of opinion as I personally like it. That being said, this version is drastically different than the PHOF version and it's got a lot of issues (that were noted in the release info). I played it briefly (iOS) and I didn't care for the gameplay at first. Of the "disaster" games, I prefer EarthShaker, so I hope that one gets released someday.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I played a couple of games and I do like the flow and timed shots. I don't know the real machine so I can't compare. It's rulesheet is fairly simple but managing the multiball should be satisfying once I get some more control. The only thing that I did encounter that I wasn't sure was a bug or intentional thing was "replay" not giving an extra ball.
Slam23

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Great game, looks nice and plays drainy, but not being able to see the next cellar award and the racket of those spinning discs is killing me. That's putting the leaderboard issue aside. Still, I loves me some WW.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Great game, looks nice and plays drainy, but not being able to see the next cellar award and the racket of those spinning discs is killing me. That's putting the leaderboard issue aside. Still, I loves me some WW.

On my Asus pad on camera setting two in the lock position I can see the back cellar award. I can't read what the reward is, but I have memorized the sequence of awards on the back glass. It would be nice if the would make the rewards easier to read. I should add that I play in portrait mode. I tried it in landscape and did not see any of the back glass

I swear they got the racket sound of the spinning discs from recording one of their kids banging a chain link fence. That's what it sounds like to me.

Last edited:

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
On my Asus pad on camera setting two in the lock position I can see the back cellar award. I can't read what the reward is, but I have memorized the sequence of awards on the back glass. It would be nice if the would make the rewards easier to read.

I swear they got the racket sound of the spinning discs from recording one of their kids banging a chain link fence. That's what it sounds like to me.

I usually always play in 3, locked, but on my iPhone there isn't any angle that allows me to see the awards while I'm playing even if I wanted to switch it up. The only way I see the awards is by switching the plunger view to number 3, but that only works if I am starting a game, between balls, or have just locked a ball.

Crusty Booger

Apr 13, 2013
Plays pretty good. Miss all the extra ball you could in PHOF...will definitely change my strategy on the table. Leader board and Game Centers issues are a bummer, but I'm sure they'll get patched.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
There's way too much friction on the rightmost disc. The ball even stays there for a few seconds after the disc stopped.
Center post is not bouncy enough. Maybe it's the collision mesh that deflects to the left and right rather then up.

Other than that the table still hates me and his virtual brother too ;)

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
love the table.

latest Android update has tuned the disks which are now far more realistic. The noise however needs changing, should be more of a fan noise rather than clanging noise.

the kickback is a little too easy to handle
camera sometimes doesn't return to plunger.
from the plunger I don't believe you should be able to reach the upper ramp.

my main issue with the table is we really need 2 stage flippers on android or something similar. Need ability to cradle on right lower flipper but independently flip upper right flipper.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
my main issue with the table is we really need 2 stage flippers on android or something similar. Need ability to cradle on right lower flipper but independently flip upper right flipper.
Careful what you wish for.
Maybe a menu option to switch them off too.
+1

If 2-stage flippers get implemented on any platform, an option to turn them off is a must.

I'll pass to left flipper if needed and cradle there when playing a multiball with this flipper layout (Ripley's, Star Trek, White Water, Whirlwind, etc.)

N

netizen

Center post is not bouncy enough. Maybe it's the collision mesh that deflects to the left and right rather then up.

I thought I was imagining this, but it's good to see a confirmation. I find the centre post is only 'bouncy' with straight on shots.

Crusty Booger

Apr 13, 2013
+1

If 2-stage flippers get implemented on any platform, an option to turn them off is a must.

I'll pass to left flipper if needed and cradle there when playing a multiball with this flipper layout (Ripley's, Star Trek, White Water, Whirlwind, etc.)

Unless the table originally came with separate flipper controls, there is no way you should have a two stage flipper. Per DeeEff, you just need to find a way to pass that ball over to the left. I'll typically just dump it over to the shelter or pop it up to the ramp to set up another shot at the jackpot.

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
Unless the table originally came with separate flipper controls, there is no way you should have a two stage flipper. Per DeeEff, you just need to find a way to pass that ball over to the left. I'll typically just dump it over to the shelter or pop it up to the ramp to set up another shot at the jackpot.

Every pinball table ever made with an upper flipper has 2 stage flippers. It's not an extra feature but rather a function of how the leaf switches in the button work.

Watch the gameplay video on the PAPA website to see someone using the 2stage in WW.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Two of my greatest hobbies are pinball and storm chasing and I really had my hopes up for this game but I was quite dissapointed. I was hoping for the game to be more about storms really (have never played it IRL) but I can't complain about the digitization tPA has done. For example, one of the most frequent events on this game is a "skyway toll", what does that have to do with storms?

Well, well. Champion Pub was an awesome table and I kinda like boxing too :)

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Every pinball table ever made with an upper flipper has 2 stage flippers. It's not an extra feature but rather a function of how the leaf switches in the button work.

Watch the gameplay video on the PAPA website to see someone using the 2stage in WW.

I know of a few data east tables and at least one Gottlieb (gladiators?), that do not feature staged flippers. Most of them do not have leaf switches but optos.

The player is Roy Wils afaik, rocking the whirlpool challenge :) staging flippers is very hard to learn, especially during multiball stress. The funhouse I played when I was young, was the only machine i was able to pull that trick on...

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
Now, what I really dislike about WW is the post between the flippers. I never like them but in this case the post seems to be so low that it actually never does any good.

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
Yeah, on a real game that post is huge. I think it's a problem with the physics, because none of the center post tables make good use of it compared to their IRL counterparts. Watch the PAPA tutorial vid for a good example of how useful that center post is.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.