First impression

danpinole

Jul 1, 2013
I played this table IRL for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it. It was announced for Pinball Arcade a couple days later. Fate and destiny aside, this table is pretty fun. The speed bag and jump rope are way easier to pull off.

ThreePi

Dec 22, 2012
Loving the table so far, but then again it was my most desired table since the first pack. I've only played a real table once, it was at a bowling alley bar, but it was the middle of the day and the bar was closed so I was allowed in so long as my dad was there, always remembered this table.

I think the DMD skill shot is pretty easy. I pretty much always go for Door Prize because of the extra ball potential and I can basically hit it 100% of the time.

I will agree the jump rope is probably too easy. I assume its because TPA doesn't really do the z-axis physics well. The ball has never bounced and skipped in the game like it does in real life and it seems like any time the ball is in the air in this game it can be a bit "off."

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I will agree the jump rope is probably too easy. I assume its because TPA doesn't really do the z-axis physics well. The ball has never bounced and skipped in the game like it does in real life and it seems like any time the ball is in the air in this game it can be a bit "off."

I actually find the TCP I play locally to have an easier jump rope than the one in TPA. Maybe I just need to get used to the digital version.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
This game is awesome! Plenty of things to do, challenging wizard goals, fun toys, no obvious TPA flaws/bugs. This ranks as my top #3 (MM, MA). Yeay!

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
As I wrote in the first post in the thread this seems great to me. Still have had time to play too few games to really get the fine points (I've been focused on WW), but the gimmicks here (jump rope etc) work! I also like the way you advance to fights. Much more "real" than in many other tables.
It is perhaps a good thing that the next pack doesen't seem that exiting (to me)...will give more time to fully concentrate on the tables in this.
I wasn't even remotely done with Pin-Bot and Centaur when WW and CP were released.

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
I too am really enjoying this game. Thanks FarSight! Never saw it live, but I will be happy to find it someday.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
That spitting video mode is pretty tough for a standard goal. The most I had ever gotten on it was 6. I gave up on it for a couple of days. First game today I make it to 10.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Man is this table ever kicking my butt, pun intended. Missing a shot is almost a guaranteed drain, but it's tough to trap the ball on this table so I can't make real controlled shots. Bag's as much of a drain hazard as any other table's center-table toy. I also don't really know what to do when I do have it on the left flipper -- the ball lock seems to be the only real shot there. Dunno, it's just not clicking with me.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Man is this table ever kicking my butt, pun intended. Missing a shot is almost a guaranteed drain, but it's tough to trap the ball on this table so I can't make real controlled shots. Bag's as much of a drain hazard as any other table's center-table toy. I also don't really know what to do when I do have it on the left flipper -- the ball lock seems to be the only real shot there. Dunno, it's just not clicking with me.

If I have it on the left flipper I either...go for the multiball ball lock on the right side or I backhand it up the ramp on the left side.

karl

May 10, 2012
The physics on this table do not agree with me. I just can't hit anything other than the fighter (and maybe the left ramp) with consistency. It's a little to bouncy and happy go lucky for me at the moment. Very hard to nudge also because of the fast return ball speed. Maybe I just need more time with it but so far I enjoy WW more of the two. The graphics are good on Cpub though.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Draining all the time. Graphics are nice. But horrible to play

YEah, this game is ok, but I feel the physics are slightly off with the flippers or something. I don't mind the draining, but the ball flight and path just seems weird sometimes and that frustrates me.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I've made peace with this table. There was some serious rage directed at my iPad for the incessant drains in the beginning.

It's an overall fun table with some interesting bits like wagering your score for a cash fight.

Still haven't completed the Ultimate Challenge yet.....:(

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I've made peace with this table. There was some serious rage directed at my iPad for the incessant drains in the beginning.

It's an overall fun table with some interesting bits like wagering your score for a cash fight.

Still haven't completed the Ultimate Challenge yet.....:(

Just getting to it would be nice. The drain I hate the most is the left outlane, the ball can be going slow, but still travels in a straight line from right to left right above the bumpers into the lane. To me, very unrealistic.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Just getting to it would be nice. The drain I hate the most is the left outlane, the ball can be going slow, but still travels in a straight line from right to left right above the bumpers into the lane. To me, very unrealistic.

Several tables seem to do that. Whitewater does that, only from right to left. Some magical 90 degree turn, straight across the table in a totally unrealistic fashion.

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
given it another go, sorry but i hate it. worst dmd table so far.

for me one of the big signs of a bad table is when you consistently drain after successfully hitting a shot you need to hit. this does it all the time. no problem with consistently draining if im missing my shots but this just feels like a table that in its original incarnation was designed solely to fleece as much money as possible from its players.

Members online

Members online