First impression

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
Never played this irl.

Based on just a few games this seems quite original. Not difficult to understand and a great theme.

Probably will stand up in time longer than Whirlwind.

The last pairing from TPA was the best ever.

This package is as good.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, try to not hit that yellow target at the left stairs. It's aimed directly at the right outlane.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I'm glad FS made their version of CP (TCP to avoid confusion with Central Park?) drainy. CP definitely has a big rinse, repeat element and my fear was that there wouldn't be many drains off the boxer and the game would just turn into cash fights all day. I still think WW is the better of the two, but thats not FS's fault- its just a superior game, in my opinion. Still, overall quite impressed with their digitization of a game that I'm not crazy about it in real life.

the DMD skill shot should be slower and the jump rope should be harder any slight touch should end it.

Agreed. Both feel off.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I haven't seen a real CP yet so I can't compare, but the TPA version feels somewhat cluttered and flat. I'll have to experiment with camera view to see if that helps. Interesting table and original features though,
Slam23

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
It's quite the drain monster, but is varied with the different modes. I like the voice clips. :D

Lou Villanueva

Mar 9, 2012
Great table. Also a drain monster if you don't control your shots.

Was having so much trouble with ball control during fights trying to setup jab combo/uppercut K.O.s - then realized I should have read the pro tips! Save up a Smart Punch, start a fight, let the ball rest against the center post and you get a perfectly lined up shot for a jab/stun combo!

Still pulling my hair out every time I hit that yellow target by the balcony. Drain City.

WilliamPorygon

Apr 21, 2012
the DMD skill shot should be slower and the jump rope should be harder any slight touch should end it.
Yeah, I've been having a lot of fun with the jump rope, very neat feature, feels like it could be it's own separate token-munching ticket redemption game at the arcade. :p But I've seen the ball act a bit funky on it, wobbling around without falling and seemingly phasing through the rope a couple times. And the skill shot timing feels way off, if I release on the non-10 item before the one I want I'll usually get what I want. Never played the real machine, so I don't know if it's supposed to be that way, but it seems weird.

It reminds me of Mike Tyson PUNCH-OUT but a pinball game. Im glad too see FS got this one almost perfect.
I doubt my brother will ever get into pinball as much as I am, but Punch-Out is probably his all-time favorite video game, or at least in the top three. I made the same connection between the two and figure if there's ever a table that will suck him in it'll be this one.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I haven't seen a real CP yet so I can't compare, but the TPA version feels somewhat cluttered and flat. I'll have to experiment with camera view to see if that helps. Interesting table and original features though,
Slam23

That's fairly consistent with my impression of the actual table--no elevated ramps aside from the jumps leading to the boxer, and some funky raised-up toys around the back.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I just noticed the skill shot DMD animation goes both directions. When its coming left to right your selector is closer to the left so you cant see whats coming it seems too fast but when its coming right to left you can see longer whats approaching and feels slower feels right, I dont recall TCP going both directions on the DMD animation.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
You're having optical delusions, SS. :p

(Yeah, I've hallucinated that, too - if you look at it right, it seems as if it's moving L->R but skipping pretty quickly.)

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
It always go right to left for me on every ball on my iPad. Though it does seem to jerk around a bit initially, probably caused by the same optical illusion that makes it seem like the second hand of an analog clock stops for a really long second when you first look at it.

Though, I've found if you just tap the launch button, you get awarded the skill shot, but the ball doesn't actually get shot.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I think my eyes were playing tricks on me F'ers! I'll rip you bastards OUT! it does go right to left I could have sworn it was left to right IRL. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.