First impression

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
90s games in the arcade were ridiculous quarter-eaters. Titles like Simpsons and X-Men are notorious in my mind.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
for me one of the big signs of a bad table is when you consistently drain after successfully hitting a shot you need to hit. this does it all the time. no problem with consistently draining if im missing my shots but this just feels like a table that in its original incarnation was designed solely to fleece as much money as possible from its players.

You must really hate MM and AFM :D

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
actually no i dont find it a huge problem on those. yeah it happens but not often enough for it to hamper my enjoyment of the tables, if im playing well i can generally keep the ball under some kind of control and get decent scores (by my standards)

star trek on the other hand...

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I will keep trying it until the next pack comes out. But after the tenth restart after ball one in 13 games each time I sit down to play the game wears on me. Yeah I restart because I have found if you don't win a fight or two on the first ball you might as well give up.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
I’ve tried to like Champion Pub, but it hasn’t happened yet.

Knowing nothing about the table (and with beginner’s luck in full flower) my very first game was a doozy, and it remained my high score for about two weeks. I think I’ve gotten to the fourth fight two times since, and never made a fight of it. I’m lousy in most multi-ball situations and Multi-Brawl is the lousiest of the lousy. Every time, I lose all three. Every. Time. I’d blame a particular outlane for my sorrows if one of them was an obvious culprit; but left, right and middle drains are all bullies to me.

I keep climbing back into the ring because I had a similar beginning with Cactus Canyon -- which is now one of my favorites -- but after a few days of practice, I got better at it! That’s not happening with Champion Pub. Weeks of futility is getting me down.

This morning I played 1 and ⅓ games, got sucker-punched by an extremely unlikely left lane drain, and threw in the towel. Then, I found myself happily playing Goin’ Nuts with the volume turned all the way up. That’s how bad this is for me.

Just one taste of the Ultimate Challenge would help, but if it doesn’t happen soon... no más.

Jay

May 19, 2012
The speed bag and jump rope are way easier to pull off.

The speed bag doesn't seem to be responsive; there's a delay. I find the same problem with the spitting game; I press the appropriate flipper but there's a slight delay before it registers on the DMD.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
this table sucks big time. It looks nice and interesting but when I launch the ball all is gone.... Fight are supposed to be the main thing here but they are almost sure drain. Spitting... DMD is just to slow, I managed to catch 10 only once. Punching the bag is also a mistery, sometimes is OK sometimes is non responsive. And that post in the middle should help during the fights but the problem is that I never know if it's up or not. And when it is then ball usually goes to outline.
And I played this more than 300 times. And I'm at it again now because it's in the tournament. But still hate this table

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Never played the real table but judging from others experience this one seems to actually be easier IRL.

That said I find it painfully hard myself and haven't even reached a cash fight yet.

Members online

Members online