Inconsistency with real table: Plunging the 3-Toll side ramp

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
I just wanted to point out that the plunger on this game is kinda jacked up. Normally there's 3 general plunges available. You can plunge the targets (skill shot), you can soft plunge to go straight to the flippers, or you can try to plunge the green orbit above the 3-Toll side ramp (this may only work on certain machines). There's not enough power on a real machine to plunge all the way up that ramp. Keith Elwin has pulled it off by slamming the plunger (so he doesn't pull back on the plunger at all, he actually "punches" the plunger in with his palm), but it's not a normal thing that can be pulled off easily by full plunging like you can in TPA.

The reason why I don't like this "bug" is that it makes starting Multiball way too easy. Starting isn't exceedingly hard normally, but being able to plunge the multiball start is just stupid easy. I really hope they can tone down the power and/or the angle of the plunger so it works as it normally does. Plunging the green orbit gives you a CHANCE to go for the 3-toll ramp, but it takes more skill than just an easy full plunge with no flipper action.

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
I completely agree. I've never experienced a whirlwind, even on visual pinball, where the ball can be plunged around that ramp. It should be the targets or the inner loop. I've also had the ball ghost across the play field into the left scoop on the TPA version multiple times also. Hopefully farsight is aware of this and will fix it in a future update.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
50:50 in my experience.
We even have a whirlwind in the club, that does exactly that :) and I have played some two more where a full plunge ended on the ramp. Maybe the springs are to strong on those?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
WHiel some Whirlwinds on location will do this, i've only found one that will out of 20. Oddly enough, it had 4 balls instead of three in it (and the software handled it properly. multiball was a 4 ball affair) It was clearly not intended as a possible shot by the designer. The intended result of the full plunge is a free shot at the inner orbit, which is the game's safe skill shot. THe dangerous one is the drop targets, due to lack of ball saver.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.