Hey, I got a decent score - twice!

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
After playing this a handful of times when it came out initially (PS3), clearing all the standard goals, I set it aside with a personal high score of around 8 million. Decided last night to give it another go and found myself enjoying it quite a bit. This was my first run at the table with flipper lag gone (I'd previously played in 1080i instead of 720p AND before the "fix" was implemented) and I found myself actually making a few shots. Next thing I know, I'd moved my high score - after just one warmup game - from 8.2m to 31m. Took at the wizard goals and saw the one for the 3,000,000 shot and how to achieve it. Realizing that the "ELVIR" from my previous game carried over, I figured I'd play one more game, get the "A" and knock out that goal. Well, I ended up doing just that - and then getting the 3m shot two more times. Finished up at just under 35m for the game, good for roughly 268th in the world, my highest ranking for any table.

Funny how that works sometimes, revisiting a table and you improve big-time over your previous scores.

Not looking to brag, just sharing. Sure, it's not the top 10 score some of you guys get but I was pretty happy about it and just wanted to share :)

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
35 mil is a darn good score. I have been revisiting gorgar lately. i'm not gonna leave gorgar alone until I break 1 mil on it. im getting closer and closer, hope tomake my goal this week.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
That is awesome!

And one of the cool things that I like about TPA - the more you play,the better you can get & learn how to play the table.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Well, you've beaten my high of 30m.

Taunt.JPG

Feel free to not consider that a challenge :)

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
That is awesome!

And one of the cool things that I like about TPA - the more you play,the better you can get & learn how to play the table.
Thanks and you are definitely right. I've gotten a million times better at nudging and that's making some tables a lot more accessible than before.

Oddly enough, two games I've played a fair amount, Twilight Zone and ST:TNG, I can't even approach my high scores. My high score for STTNG is something like 3x my next highest score - and I got it on my very first play on the table. TZ is the same way - high score is double my next-best and I got it in my first 2 or 3 games ever playing it.

In general, though, my scores are improving on all the other tables I'm playing.

Members online

Members online