This table STINKS

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Nah OP is right this table is trash. Why does it even have flippers since 50% of scoring on it is luck. I wish if Farsight wanted to recreate these tables they could make two games. Pinball Arcade for the good Bally, Williams modern era tables and Grandpa's Jersey Shore Boardwalk Memories for the two-bit, crap-tier "pinball" tables that some carnie nailed together while drunk.

Or, you simply don't get it and therefore have to demean it because the fault can't possibly lie with you right?

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
If it's luck, how did some people finish the 3 million point goal? You'd have to play till the end of the universe to get that through luck.

Your prerogative if you don't like the table. But it isn't luck... more like uncanny ninja-nudging skills :p

shimoda

Mar 14, 2013
I've now got the real thing in my home. Didn't play it too much on the iPad, though I was intrigued. Even played one at a friend's house and his felt floaty. Mine isn't inclined (yet, I do plan on raising the incline to 6.5 degrees - even though these were set for closer to four) but doesn't play floaty at all. Love the game and seriously haven't come close to breaking half a million in real life. It is a challenging table with lots to shoot for. The TPA version is easier than the real game but it also, like all of pinball, depends on the table. I'm hoping to clean up, repair, and clear mine at some point. Awesome artwork.

The Gottlieb System 1 sounds, take em or leave em. The second gen sounds are much better than the digital chimes of the first gen Sys 1 games (Solar Ride, Sinbad, etc.). Personally the sounds have grown on me.

ChezRoxwell

Feb 20, 2014
If it's luck, how did some people finish the 3 million point goal? You'd have to play till the end of the universe to get that through luck.

Your prerogative if you don't like the table. But it isn't luck... more like uncanny ninja-nudging skills :p

Maybe that's what it is. I don't understand nudging. I nudge when i THINK I should but I'm not sure if it doing anything beneficial. I need a nudging tutorial.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
There are some good tips for Genie here, including a few about where to nudge...

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/6905-Strategy-guide-to-reach-easily-3M-points

But probably best to start with a table you enjoy more. I'm not very good, but I've found the best way to improve has been to play tables where there are clearly identifiable points when you need to nudge, and when you have plenty of warning - e.g.

Big shot - When the ball is falling directly down onto the top of the slingshots
Centaur - When the ball is heading down the outlanes, nudging it back through the gates
T2 - That evil left ramp
MM - That evil peasant ramp
Space Shuttle - Ball heading towards the airlock

I'm sure there are many more. Find a table you enjoy with a predictable nudge on it. Play for a good couple of hours without really thinking too much about the score - just focus on getting the nudge in every time it's required. You'll probably find once you've developed that instinct, and don't have to think about which direction you're nudging or anything like that, it translates fairly quickly to other tables...

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
Nah OP is right this table is trash. Why does it even have flippers since 50% of scoring on it is luck. I wish if Farsight wanted to recreate these tables they could make two games. Pinball Arcade for the good Bally, Williams modern era tables and Grandpa's Jersey Shore Boardwalk Memories for the two-bit, crap-tier "pinball" tables that some carnie nailed together while drunk.

Damn your world is a small one.

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013

I've beaten the wizard goals on PS Vita, PS3, and PS4, I can say 100% it is not luck, it's def super ninja nudging skills! :p

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I've beaten the wizard goals on PS Vita, PS3, and PS4, I can say 100% it is not luck, it's def super ninja nudging skills! :p

It's all about nudging to keep the ball off the slings and cradling the ball when you can, IMO. That's how I got the Big Shot 250k goal too.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
There are some good tips for Genie here, including a few about where to nudge...

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/6905-Strategy-guide-to-reach-easily-3M-points

But probably best to start with a table you enjoy more. I'm not very good, but I've found the best way to improve has been to play tables where there are clearly identifiable points when you need to nudge, and when you have plenty of warning - e.g.

Big shot - When the ball is falling directly down onto the top of the slingshots
Centaur - When the ball is heading down the outlanes, nudging it back through the gates
T2 - That evil left ramp
MM - That evil peasant ramp
Space Shuttle - Ball heading towards the airlock

I'm sure there are many more. Find a table you enjoy with a predictable nudge on it. Play for a good couple of hours without really thinking too much about the score - just focus on getting the nudge in every time it's required. You'll probably find once you've developed that instinct, and don't have to think about which direction you're nudging or anything like that, it translates fairly quickly to other tables...

No reason to shoot the left ramp on T2.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
But it isn't possible to avoid it entirely either - it can end up there from the pop bumpers, as I recall (could be wrong, haven't played it in a while...)

pinballrocks

May 13, 2015
I totally agree with OP. The ball feels way too floaty, the colors are oversaturated and the playfield not only looks like a blurred mess but also has these weird square marks on some places. Absolutely terrible. I don't even know why people complain about BK, it looks amazing and very polished compared to this.

This is the worst table on the game BY FAR, nothing comes even close.

This ^^ I've seen the real table (though admittedly not played it) and the ball physics on TPA are totally off. Waaaaaay too floaty and overly bouncy -- almost like the ball needs more weight. Add my complaint to the list.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Only got it bcuz it was paired with AFM. I agree, not da best table in the world. Sure woulda been better to get SO76 instead of Genie.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
After seeing this bumped, I decided to revisit this table and see if I still hated it. However, I now have the PS4 version, so that's what I played.

And...

I still don't like the table. But I don't hate it either. It's roughly 10000x as good on PS4 as it is on PS3. You can actually see things and the colors are not blinding and oversaturated . The physics are a lot better, too, with the ball being nowhere near as floaty. The result is a table that's now playable. The sound is atrocious, and I don't like the layout, but I'm confident I no longer consider this the worst of all tables.

Members online

Members online