Annoying thing that happened (stuck)

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
So, I'm on my best run until now for this table (just bought it this weekend): 5 billionaire clubs, 5.500.000.000 points. Then it happens: during the 2 ball multiball, one of the balls goes from the heart ramp into the plunger area. I've had it happen several times before, but I think OK, makes it easier to shoot the other one up the shuttle ramp.

Then the second ball, I also shoot up the hart ramp and the same thing happens. I plunge and the balls got stuck in the area where they normally get shot out of. Seems the shot ain't strong enough to launch 2 balls. Tried assistent, it detected a ball got stuck, but waiting on the timer didn't do anything. Basically had to quit out and lose my best game until now.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
same thing happened to me a while back! I even made a thread about it. seems like a thing that could totally happen on the real table, so I dunno, it's not really a Farsight bug, I guess. more of a flaw with the table.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Anyone have any other tables this happens on? It's been reported enough to make the master issues list, but I want to make sure I cover all the tables it affects.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
When finally I got the billion shot bonus, I had one of my balls on the plunger. It helped greatly because I was able to aim the ball properly without worrying about where the other ball was or preventing it from draining. I'm wondering myself if this bugg really affects real tables. On Whirlwind, when you start multiball by getting two balls into the left plunger, the game has no problem launching them both out. I believe Roller Coaster Tycoon does a similar thing with two balls trapped in the left launcher. I played a real Roller Coaster Tycoon table recently and when the kicker launched the two balls, they went down separate ramps. Pretty nifty.

I would imagine that if the plunger has enough torque to get the ball all the way out to the top of the table at 100% strength, then it should be strong enough to launch two balls out of the plunger area as less than 100%. Typically even a light plunge is enough to get the ball out, so two balls would be double the mass. That would give you 50% of the power on a real world table compared to a normal shot with the plunger pulled all the way back. It should be plenty enough velocity to launch at least the top ball back into play on a real table. Depending on the mass and physics of the plunger, most of the power will either transfer to the top ball, or the two balls will move in tandem, or both will travel different distances. Anyone remember those little balls on strings? If you pull back two balls, two pop out the other side. If you pull back one ball, one pops out the other side, so the mass of the plunger will determine the amount of separation that the balls get jettisoned if using real world physics. Either way, it sounds like a bug in the physics engine; perhaps the top ball is blocking the bottom ball from moving??? This would not happen in real life unless some other object is blocking the top ball.

Also try rotating the left control stick in circles counter-clockwise. I unlocked all my Wizard goals on Bride of Pinbot and was able to disable tilt detection. By vigorously rotating the stick counterclockwise, I was able to lift up the ball out of the plunger and deposit it directly into the outlane. I'm using Ouya btw. It may not be possible to do a full 360 circular tilt on touch devices though, but it should work to free the ball with an analog controller. Weird bug; if you use tilting to roll the ball out of the plunger and into the outlane, then release the plunger right as the ball is hitting the drain, you can launch the ball onto the play field strait up the middle (SUTM). It will still count as a "drain" however, and the table will go through the bonus sequence, during which time you won't be able to use the flippers, so launching the ball SUTM is pretty futile, but funny nonetheless. It's as if the plunger is invisibly connected to the ball as it moves around.

Last edited:

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
it wasn't the plunger that had the problem, at least in my case -- it was the kickout that happens on BoP immediate after the b all falls down those skillshot holes. both balls went in there and the kickout couldn't kick them both out.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
it wasn't the plunger that had the problem, at least in my case -- it was the kickout that happens on BoP immediate after the b all falls down those skillshot holes. both balls went in there and the kickout couldn't kick them both out.
Oh I get it now. The plunger launches both balls, but then they get stuck in the area with the 5 skill shot kickers.

Does the "call attendant" option work? Maybe if you can reset both balls into the plunger tube, you could then plunge them extra-extra soft so that one ball rolls back down while the other rolls up. Worst case scenario, if you got both balls in the plunger, you can circular-nudge the table until one of them drains, but it will cost you the ball. I don't know; I'll have to try to aim for the heart ramp next time I get one ball in the plunger. I'd hate to ruin one of my favorite tables though by trying to make it bug out.

Members online

Members online