WOAH! Talk about a museumpiece.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Never taken into production... only ten build... how on earth did Farsight manage to get their hands on one?
I love having museumpieces like this in my collection. It's something Farsight perhaps can only do every so often, and at the risk of displeasing the DMD-lovin'-crowd, but I think it's the occasional inclusion of oldies and rarities, along with the authenticity, that puts TPA in a niche that Zen-pinball could never fill.

Here's to our new lovable runt of the litter.

dach

May 29, 2013
I understand TPA doing a table pack with Going Nuts! I also understand why only ten built! What a cr@ppy table. LOL i doubt I will give it a chance to grow on me.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
FarSight didn't get one themselves, but they got access to one.

its not my favorite table, but I found it a lot of fun to play.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
FarSight didn't get one themselves, but they got access to one.

its not my favorite table, but I found it a lot of fun to play.

It is certainly different,but in a good way. I'm having fun with it! Not sure about the long term play though...

N

netizen

followed by kingpin and breakshot

then "ball grabbing" trick of Pinball Magic that will inevitably remind players of TAF and Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I understand TPA doing a table pack with Going Nuts! I also understand why only ten built! What a cr@ppy table. LOL i doubt I will give it a chance to grow on me.

Actually this tables was in development just before the company went bankrupt, Dach....

Timelord ...

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Did FS go back to the PHOF in vegas to refresh thier memory of this table or just pull up the old save files? Kinda makes you wonder what other tables have been made this way. I knew they didnt have every table they've made on site!

dach

May 29, 2013
Actually this tables was in development just before the company went bankrupt, Dach....

Timelord ...

I withdraw my early judgement. I've given it some more time and other than the fact that my first ball always comes off the bumpers to a middle table drain it's fair; although very different. The variety of the table is pretty nice and it sure keeps your attention shifting.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Did FS go back to the PHOF in vegas to refresh thier memory of this table or just pull up the old save files? Kinda makes you wonder what other tables have been made this way. I knew they didnt have every table they've made on site!

Stop with that FUD bullcrap! They have every table apart from GN on site, as has been said quite often and confirmed by syt when he paid FS a visit. And they do not "pull up old save files".

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
I withdraw my early judgement. I've given it some more time and other than the fact that my first ball always comes off the bumpers to a middle table drain it's fair; although very different. The variety of the table is pretty nice and it sure keeps your attention shifting.

that's what nudge is for! :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

As much as I love you, this is yet another B-side to the "Fear Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD)" album we're hearing more and more of lately.

What would it take to change your opinion about this?

Would any combination of these help quell any misconceptions you have:

• In each unique table thread (like this one) Farsight could post photographs (only 3-5 would be necessary) of the table in their workshop in various states of disassembly.
  • If the table was loaned to them as part of the digitizing process, a photo of the owner with any member of the production team would add credence.
  • They could also take a screenshots of a wireframe 3D model that relates to the game as extra credit.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I want a photo of the owner with a certified Farsight employee next to the front page of a recent edition of a major newspaper. And a severed little finger.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I don't see what's so bad about not carting it into their offices, there's really nothing to suggest that they didn't take it apart at the place, scan the art and work out the dimensions of it. If you had one of the only tables in the world, would you trust a haulage company to take it to Big Bear lake and back?

And at the end of the day, it's not really a complex table. It's different, different enough to be nothing like the other tables, but it's just about 4 pop bumpers, a few drop targets and a unique playfield shape. Once they model one of the bumpers they just have to copy the asset and place it somewhere else, same with the different coloured drop targets.

As for the game itself, I'm really surprised by it, it doesn't seem that hard on paper until you actively try and hit the upper left drop targets without draining anything. They've fixed it since PHOF:G and hour long games should be a thing of the past with more realistic physics and accurate ball collision.

But yeah, it's not really one I'd see myself playing a lot (or not anywhere as much as Flight 2000) but for a change it isn't bad, not as horrible as Harley Davidson for example.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
followed by kingpin and breakshot

then "ball grabbing" trick of Pinball Magic that will inevitably remind players of TAF and Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street.

I don't think FS would have a hard time getting their hands on a Breakshot. Kingpin on the other hand...

Members online

Members online