WOAH! Talk about a museumpiece.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
So this is Gottlieb's Revenge from Mars, eh?

I appreciate that they were thinking outside the box, but I'm not sure this was the direction to go in. I've always felt that the overuse of timers is a hallmark of unimaginative game design, and Goin' Nuts takes most of the typical elements of pinball and replaces them all with a timer. (It even replaces the plunger/launch button with a timer!) In that respect, it seems like a step backward.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I only just realised that Kingpin is a Mark Ritchie! Wow, this needs to happen!

I'd prefer Kingpin to Bing Bang Bar. Just looks like a better pin to play. These pins are bought and sold like a Rembrandt painting. The Pinball Arcade is the only chance I will have at owning these. I understand that both were at the recent pin show held in California. One of the gents from the Pinball Podcast mentioned playing them. There must have been a long line to play those babies.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I guess BBB comes up more often because of the reproduction run which would make it a lot more accessible than Kingpin. Maybe if the same guys decide to do a reproduction of Kingpin (anyone know if it's ever been in the plans?), FarSight could hopefully get in on that, and work on digitizing it alongside. I doubt they'd have trouble moving units either way.
BBB just has a really awesome theme, and what I've seen of it looks interesting, but it seems to be made by people without much experience in designing pinball games. Compare that to Mark Ritchie who made some of the best ever, including both Taxi, Fish Tales and Indy!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.