Request Non-Billionaire Leaderboard

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Pretty sure that almost everyone here hates the overly unbalanced 1,000,000,000 point shot in BoP, so why not make a leaderboard without it? It gives other people a chance and it makes the game more like a 90s alphanumeric. Maybe you could even disable the shot in a Pro update or something.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I scored a few billion without it, after 9 or 10 billions it stops giving them on PS3 but you can still get backdoor billionaire

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Pretty sure that tournament mode disables the billion shot so if they ever add a pro mode for BoP, then this could be an option.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
ummm.

billions are only properly recorded when you get them from the wheel or the backdoor billion. if you get one any other way you roll the game over.

yes, this makes the 50 million big wheel award more unbalancing than the billion.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
oddly enough seems this version of the table has different scoring rules than the normal.

Normally the game turns over at a billion, but if you get a billion the easy way, or the backdoor billion you get moved to the billionaires club instead of the normal high score board.

But THIS version seems to place them on the normal board, with the billions digit chopped off. That is not how the game behaved on location anywhere i've seen it.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The one bad thing is by pulling the Billion shot out completely, that takes away the entire score. The big wheel bonuses are random but they should count for SOMETHING. For a "wizard goal", it is relatively easy but it certainly can't be accomplished without effort. I think if you could just make each big wheel award count for the minimum score it gives, that would be a bit more fair and it would balance everything out without completely tossing away scores that a player worked to earn.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
As i said williams knew the billion shot was totally unbalanced, and thus put people who got it on a different scoreboard because of that.

And this made the 50 million big wheel award more unbalancing, because it was 5% of the normal rollover mechanic.

Were i making a tournament version of the rules. i would have the big wheel hand out the awards in order from smallest to largest. 1 million, 5 million, 10 million, 50 million, billion, special. then back to 1 million.

I would also keep the backdoor billion in, since the tolerance on the combo is really tight. no one even knew for sure how it worked in real life, because getting that 10 loop combo without the glass off is insanely hard. thanks to TPA we know the rumor was true. 10 loop combo = backdoor billion.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
From what I've seen, the Billionaire's club is essentially the top two scores. Then there's the normal scores. I mean, I've had multiple 1b+ games, and the default 1b's spilled out into the normal high scores, or at least I thought I saw that.

N

netizen

BOP Rule Sheet said:
Since BoP is a special case, some explanation is needed for the way it handles high scores.

Williams knew it would be unfair to put billion-point scores in the regular high score chart (since it can only hold 5), so they came up with the "Billionaire's Club." This separate high score chart keeps track of the top 19-20 scores for anyone who's made the billion shot.

I say 19-20 top scores, because any time you make the billion shot, you are GUARANTEED to get onto the Billionaire's Club. If your final score is lower than the lowest total in the Club, then you'll still get to put your initials in, get your 2 credits (if that's what your machine is set for), and get 20th spot in the Club.

Then there's the standard high-score table. This has Grand Champion and the other more recent top 4 scores just like any modern Williams pin. Now, though it's good that they split them up, this brings in the 50 million Big Wheel award. It's not really a problem if you get the billion too, but if you just get the 50M, that'll throw off your score more than anything else in the game. Surprisingly enough, the 50M is a bigger score-unbalancer than the billion shot! They really should have come up with something else, but what can you do?

Google be fun

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
What is a back door billion?

The game stops giving out billions on ps4 after 8.

Err well , for the most part. They just become extremely rare after that. I just got one after about 30 spins.

My "non-billions" score is right now 1.5 billion and climbing.

Here's something interesting. I just rolled 5 50 million spins out of around 10 total. The only thing I did differently was 4 power surges to see if that would influence the wheel . Could there be something to this?

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
What is a back door billion?

The game stops giving out billions on ps4 after 8.

Err well , for the most part. They just become extremely rare after that. I just got one after about 30 spins.

My "non-billions" score is right now 1.5 billion and climbing.

Here's something interesting. I just rolled 5 50 million spins out of around 10 total. The only thing I did differently was 4 power surges to see if that would influence the wheel . Could there be something to this?

back door billion is earned from a 10 loop combo I believe. But you have to make combos at every lower amount first and it resets after each combo achieved. So it's like 49 loops total (First combo is at 4 loops I think). Doesn't sound too bad but it really just becomes a tedious and daunting task. Especially when you get like 25 in a row and achieve the first several combos and can't hit the shot anymore to save your life.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
back door billion is earned from a 10 loop combo I believe. But you have to make combos at every lower amount first and it resets after each combo achieved. So it's like 49 loops total (First combo is at 4 loops I think). Doesn't sound too bad but it really just becomes a tedious and daunting task. Especially when you get like 25 in a row and achieve the first several combos and can't hit the shot anymore to save your life.

Oh , wow, I haven't got that yet. Awesome, glad I asked.

LOL I was trying for it and just drained. 12X, 100 million for draining lol. 171 loops! That was cool.

Ok so after I claim my back door billion (nice nickname lmao) I'll be at 12 Bil.

*edit* well I got the BDB. I can't believe that's the official name. Wow. The creators of this table made no bones about making this as sexual a game as possible and still being able to get away with it.

Anyways. I'm at 2.5 billion in regular score, for a total of 12.5. Idk if I can stand to keep going. I'm probably going to just drain out, I think this is good for a top 100.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Because the billionaires club is disabled in TPA's settings, the score will go onto grand champion instead.

this totally messes up the scoreboard.

Any score that gets a billion shot or a backdoor billion goes on the billionaires club and NO WHERE ELSE, overwriting the bottom score if it's not better then the second to bottom.

Any score that gets a billion the hard way ROLLS OVER!

That's how it works in arcades. TPA is somewhat different.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I just gassed out at 3.5. That's as far as I'll go. I refuse to play tables past 3 hours.

If you are the top seed on a table like that, congratulations, here's your virgin of the year award.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.