180 sec standard goal - most difficult SG ever?

RagingBull888

Sep 11, 2013
After a false start on Saturday where I was at 178 seconds with 2 balls when one glanced off the edge of a flipper, I finally snagged this goal today. The left flipper is what I focused on with a semi-continuous spam of the right flippers. Playing this on a Kindle Fire HD probably made it a tad more difficult since I did not have the button response I probably would with a console controller. The annoyance factor on this goal is different from Harem Multiball because you are actively trying to work towards it as a natural part of high scoring on the table. Harem multiball is such an odd out of the way goal that it becomes your only focus (or at least for me it was).

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I got it on ps3. I thought it was definitely WAY easier than Genie's 3 million. There is definitely a lot of luck involved. And it is much harder on mobile. As are all of the tables IMO

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I've been as far up as 303 sec after spending faaar to much time on it. Still think the Genie 3M-goal is far more difficult.

N

netizen

I'm still of the opinion that this goal wouldn't be so damn hard if the bumper on Goin' Nuts worked properly.

Both the mobile and the PC version have the most broken pop bumpers out of every table in the entire TPA collection

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I'm still of the opinion that this goal wouldn't be so damn hard if the bumper on Goin' Nuts worked properly.

Both the mobile and the PC version have the most broken pop bumpers out of every table in the entire TPA collection

I totally agree, it would be so much easier to get some random captive ball hits and some extra drop target hits if the bumpers would be fine.

There is something off with the upper left flipper as well, it is absolutely impossible to hit the captive ball after the top loop. I mean, literally impossible. Not really a bug but more of a factory error by Gottlieb.

I think this sums up the nuisances of Season 2:

Boring Gottlieb tables * Bugs that be around for ages * Unrealistic goals = #€%#"€%

Mapa

May 16, 2012
And how about getting the 250k EOB bonus? Am I right it can only be achieved on 1st "round", or is this bonus only awarded after 3rd round? (since lit nuts do not turn off after 1 round).

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
FINALLY !!!

I beat this damn frickin' goal. But not on my iPad. :(

But I can now say I'm on to Wizard goals now that the last standard table goal on the Xbox One has fallen. :)

I nudged like crazy and was finally able to keep three balls in play long enough to make it happen. Needless to say, I won't be playing GN for awhile...

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm done with Goin' Nuts, thankfully. Cleared the 500K bonus/360s/3 EBs goal all in one game.

I think I was cheated out playing of my 3rd EB though - I drained as soon as I hit 360s so I'd also clear the 500K bonus goal, and both balls happened to drain almost simultaneously. I didn't get the EB.

Of course I could have totally mis-remembered the game and I was already playing the 3rd EB, but still, I. AM. DONE. WITH. THIS. GAME.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
This is a bogus Standard Goal for sure. I occasionally take a stab at it, but compared to the Central Park 1000pt. single ball goal (which I finally nailed recently), it seems like an impossible dream!

crimsonclober

Jun 21, 2015
Certainly an extremely frustrating Table Goal, by far the hardest I've played in my 51 tables played to date. The Goin Nuts table itself, while not exactly the funnest pinball table I've played, might be somewhat enjoyable if the goals set by Farsight were reasonable. Well, that and a better design to keep multiple balls in play; they drain down the center too easily. Since balls never stop descending from up top, it's nearly impossible not to have bad luck with timing and position. Certainly it's different and unique, which alone should make it enjoyable.

As is, the Farsight goals do nothing but tick off the user. It remains the only table in my collection in which the Table Goals are not filled. And while I will begrudgingly attempt it again at some point, the 180 sec. goal (and what I've heard regarding the Wizard Goals) leave only a sour taste in my mouth whenever I think of this table.

Last edited:

strells

Oct 7, 2014
This goal is driving me crazy! I got up to 177 today and then screwed up. I want to stop because I despise this table so much, but I can't!!

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
This is the only SG I don't have, so, yeah, it ranks among the hardest.

Just gave it a try. No goal but got my highest score: 3.2 million. Hearing about the WG on this table, not interested. It's the worst rated table on TPA for a reason.

Update: Finally got it. All standard goals done until Paragon. As for Goin' Nuts, I'll make an appointment to play again on the 5th of Never.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.