Someone tell me how to play this please?

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I read the instructions and I understand the concept, keep at least 2 balls (sorry, squirrels) going to rack up seconds and points, try to hit lots of drop targets (sorry, nuts) ...... I suppose I'm asking for some tactics and strategies.

I've yet to beat the 1.5M score I got with my first ever game on it (how many times does that happen? For me it's all too common, so if I'm in a competition and never saw a game before, I choose not to practise on it as I'll inevitably have a spectacular practise game then get about 7 points in the one being recorded ..... but I digress) and need help please.

So far I have this:

Nudge at the start to stop losing 2 of the 3 balls immediately
Try to bash those white targets top right, to light the roll-under gates
That top flipper can be a life saver if you can get a ball to it
I think the safest 'nuts' to aim at are the red ones.
Don't shoot the green ones in single ball play

Please add your GN tactics and strategies below
Thanks dudes

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I just shoot the ones at the bottom over and over. If a ball finds its way to the top of the pf, then so be it :p

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Well, not a lot of strategy here, but here's what I keep in mind:

- The spot targets are useless until you're down to one ball; they don't light the roll-under gates (or score anything?) if you're running two or three balls.
- With three balls in play I send two as high as I can and peg the green and red targets with the lowest ball. It's pretty much "flail away" without trapping or serious aiming at this point.
- With two balls in play I send both as high as I can while aiming for the colored drop groups I need for EB.
- When down to one ball, either hit a spot target from the left flipper to light a roll-under and hit that for one more ball, or hit the captive ball for two. The easiest shot for me is hitting the captive ball from the middle right flipper.
- Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. I was pretty bored after three games or so, got 5.8M and am pretty much done.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Hit the squirrels as many times as you can and try not to lose them. :)

Can kinda see why they didn't bother putting it into production.

Agreed. As a novelty or a collectible table this would be aces,but for repeat gameplay? Not so much...

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I've been keeping one ball cradled on the left flipper, using the right to make shots.
I've not been worrying too much about keeping 3 in play as 2 allows for more accurate shooting (which is my preferred method).
If one of the active balls heads near the left inlane, I'll use either a post pass on the cradled left ball or shoot it to the upper right of the table and work to get another capture on the left flipper.
I don't actively aim for the green targets, too dangerous, and they fill up the quickest off random hits anyway.

When down to one ball, I've been favouring the upper right targets and right roll under, or if it misses let it roll over the top and shoot for captive ball using the upper flipper to get 3 back in play.

I went into this one with an open mind, but it's a long way from being my favourite table.
Good multiball practice though.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Flight 2000 is one of my favorite tables.

I am actually pretty disappointed in Goin' Nuts. Not that it's a bad table, but I was expecting to be more pleasantly surprised then i was. I still like it but I was hoping for more.

I've said before though, it's a great use of the theme. If you've ever watched squirrels in a field, they dart around and then stop and the table recreates that well..three squirrels darting around and then hanging out in one area for a bit and then darting around some more.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I don't think I ever saw them just hanging out in a field. They tend to hang around near trees in the UK so they can escape from dogs and go stash their nuts and stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.