I Rule the Universe!

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
This title has turned into my (by far) most played table in TPA over the last couple weeks and my scores have jumped a bit as a result. I love the easy multiballs and constant action. I think this table has the best sound in TPA and the theme is well-done across the board. Over the weekend, I had an hour to kill and decided to put in some time on AFM and managed to complete the "Rule the Universe" mode for the first time. MAN, was that fun! All that madness and scoring. Love it, love it, love it. Bumped my high score from 15 billion to just over 43 billion with that one game. Could/should have been higher, though, as I lost several balls to that @#@##%^ kickout on the loop.

Even with that 43 billion, I still have two wizard goals left - the 1 billion point hurry up and the video mode.

Anyway, just wanted to share a bit. Completing that mode was awesome!

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I completed the video mode goal last week on a 7" tablet. It was impossible on a 4" phone. The trick was sweep the cannon from corner to corner, use the smart bomb once there are too many saucers on screen, and keep spraying the mothership.

I just have the 1B point hurry up left. :(

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The trick was sweep the cannon from corner to corner,

The trick is to SPECIFICALLY go from corner to corner. Meaning, do not go beyond the corners unless necessary. I've only been able to complete this twice. But both times I felt like a BAWSS.

Good luck coach.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
congrats on RTU. I've not played AFM in ages - not since the beta on Android!

btw: When ever I start TPA, AFM is always the default table selected under "My tables". Is this configurable? I'd much prefer it to select that last played one, rather than AFM all the time.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
congrats on RTU. I've not played AFM in ages - not since the beta on Android!

btw: When ever I start TPA, AFM is always the default table selected under "My tables". Is this configurable? I'd much prefer it to select that last played one, rather than AFM all the time.

It's alphabetical order so until something comes before "Attack" in the alphabet, you're SOL.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I completed the video mode goal last week on a 7" tablet. It was impossible on a 4" phone. The trick was sweep the cannon from corner to corner, use the smart bomb once there are too many saucers on screen, and keep spraying the mothership.

I just have the 1B point hurry up left. :(
Smart Bombs? Uh, what?

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I got Rule the Universe on my last ball. Is it a once-per-ball thing or a once-per-game thing?

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Smart Bombs? Uh, what?

You get one smart bomb to use during video mode. Press the Martian bomb button , and all the onscreen saucers blow up. Or save it for damaging the mother ship.

It's alphabetical order so until something comes before "Attack" in the alphabet, you're SOL.

"Arabian Nights, and Tales about Them"? :)

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012

:) Genius

Just had a quick game on AFM. Impressed how Farsight have continued to improve the table. Right Orbit fixed, bumpers way better and the physics much better (there was a time when the ball would get 95% of the way up a ramp and just jump to the top, now the ball will just fall back down just like in real life). Well done FS.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
you can get RTU as many times as you can just fulfill the requirements above the flippers.
super jackpot
super jets
martian attack multiball
total annihilation
conquer mars
5 -way combo
after your first RTU conquer mars should already be lit.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I can't wait to experience rule the universe . Not an easy task I come close to ruling but never happens. Congrats to you!

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
:) Genius

Just had a quick game on AFM. Impressed how Farsight have continued to improve the table. Right Orbit fixed, bumpers way better and the physics much better (there was a time when the ball would get 95% of the way up a ramp and just jump to the top, now the ball will just fall back down just like in real life). Well done FS.
Yeah, I wish the PS3 got those things.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Got the billion point hurry-up but still have the video mode to complete. I'm not even close at this point - my best is 32 saucers. I suspect it'll be awhile before I get that one.

If this table didn't have the two loop glitches that kill your ball, it might be my favorite table, even over my longtime favorite Funhouse. Love, love, love it but those glitches drive me nuts.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I've done it in VP, even on Groni's version...
Got one shot away last week. RTU was flashing at the scoop and i had the ball roll up the flipper and into the outlane. I wept.

On the bright side...I did get to Atlantis in RBION this weekend...that felt great.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Got the billion point hurry-up but still have the video mode to complete. I'm not even close at this point - my best is 32 saucers. I suspect it'll be awhile before I get that one.

If this table didn't have the two loop glitches that kill your ball, it might be my favorite table, even over my longtime favorite Funhouse. Love, love, love it but those glitches drive me nuts.

You'll get it easily this way: do a simple left/right strafe pattern but only to the point where your shots reach the upper left/right corners, no further. Don't deviate from it, just trust it... and just be ready to use the smart bomb (plunger launch) if one slips through. When the mothership comes, don't stress if it dodges your shots for a while, just stay on it and the hits come easier when it gets lower. You'll have a EB and a nice chunk of points (forget the exact amount)... and of course the wizard goal.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
You'll get it easily this way: do a simple left/right strafe pattern but only to the point where your shots reach the upper left/right corners, no further. Don't deviate from it, just trust it... and just be ready to use the smart bomb (plunger launch) if one slips through. When the mothership comes, don't stress if it dodges your shots for a while, just stay on it and the hits come easier when it gets lower. You'll have a EB and a nice chunk of points (forget the exact amount)... and of course the wizard goal.

+1

The mothership is actually the easiest part of the video mode. It's a huge target, it barely dodges, and it approaches your cannon, so it's easier to hit as time goes on.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
+1

The mothership is actually the easiest part of the video mode. It's a huge target, it barely dodges, and it approaches your cannon, so it's easier to hit as time goes on.

I'm trying to remember... does the smart bomb work on the mothership if you still have it?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.