Bug Some Bugs...

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Ran into a few bugs in my last game of AFM:

1) Multiball - cradle a ball on the left flipper while another ball is in Stroke of Luck. Ball is kicked out from Stroke of Luck, shoot cradled ball at the kicked out ball. The kicked out ball will continue on its path and pass right through the left flipper.

2) On multiball with force field down, shot the saucer to destroy it. Shot second ball up to saucer to try for "Dirty Pool". Despite force field being partially raised, the second ball came back down, rolling right through the barrier.

3) Another multiball issue - two balls into Stroke of Luck, only one comes out. That ball drains, game thinks it's the only ball, so my ball ends despite me having another ball still "in play" but tucked away in the Stroke of Luck.

#1 is repeatable - I've done it several times. #2 and #3 are one-offs so far.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I've seen bug #1 happen on many tables, perhaps all of them. I think the passthrough behavior happens when all of the following conditions are met:

1. the flipper, outgoing ball and incoming ball are all lined up.
2. the balls are traveling directly towards each other for a head-on collision.
3. the closing speed between the balls is high, ie: a very hard collision
4. the point of collision is "near" the flipper, within 2 flipper lengths from the flipper.

It's nearly impossible to get a video or screenshot of this, but the left flipper cradle / Stroke Of Luck kickout in AFM is a good example.

Tom

Members online

Members online