And then there were 3! (...4...5...6...7!)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Sailed ins theme and gimmick put me off but you boys seem to love it so I’d like the try it out at least,

Edit - not having seen one in person I think all these lcd look awkward and garish...if ya wanna upgrade do colour dmd! I like dads! Get of my lawn

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Sailed ins theme and gimmick put me off but you boys seem to love it so I’d like the try it out at least,

Edit - not having seen one in person I think all these lcd look awkward and garish...if ya wanna upgrade do colour dmd! I like dads! Get of my lawn

I thought the same thing going in. Name and theme was a turnoff. A phone on a playfield? But by the second game it had totally won me over.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Sound is really important for the table too. I had my headphones with me the first time I played, and it really sells the theme as well as guides you to what to shoot for. The next time I ran across the machine, no headphones and the volume was way too low. Still fun, but I was lost and the visual feast becomes a garbled whats-it. Either way, there's some damn fun shots on the table and it flows great.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
First new pin movement of the year, sadly my beloved Avatar has fallen on its sword, to make room for this...

20180205_143957.jpg

Last edited:

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Totally worth the trade, I'd say. I've played Avatar before and it never really grabbed my attention much, but AC/DC is awesome!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Totally worth the trade, I'd say. I've played Avatar before and it never really grabbed my attention much, but AC/DC is awesome!

Yeah most people dismiss Avatar, I think you need to own one or play a really nice where you can hear the awesome sound properly. Everyone I know who's owned one really likes it although maybe not a long term keeper. I wasn't even considering selling mine until the AC/DC came along.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey Kevlar, maybe you can go a little into the process of finding the tables you do and how you sell from your collection.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Hey Kevlar, maybe you can go a little into the process of finding the tables you do and how you sell from your collection.

Sure, I don't have any secret source ( :D ) of machines, most are bought and sold through the awesome uk forum pinballinfo. Over the past few years I've met quite a few of the members at shows and comps etc, it's a nice little community of trusted members. My Xenon and Getaway ( my first machine ) were both from ebay but almost everything else has been through the forum, or friends I've met through the forum.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Would I be correct in guessing those first two machines were way more expensive than you’d pay dealing with the forum you use now?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Would I be correct in guessing those first two machines were way more expensive than you’d pay dealing with the forum you use now?

The Getaway and the Xenon? The xenon was only recently and came with a CPR playfield ready to fit for £1240 so I would say a good buy. The Getaway was over 5 years ago and everything's gone up since then so I wouldn't get one for the same price unless it needed a lot of work. In general though Ebay prices are higher than through the forum, obviously there's the ebay fees that need paying but also lots of chancers trying to catch out new buyers who don't know better.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The prices I see on eBay are usually a lot higher than what I hear guys in my league talk about, so that’s why I said that. Of course it also depends on if you are buying a show quality table vs a players table. The ones you seem to have all look like fully tricked out models.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
New arrival today, Beat The Clock. Quirky time based game, good fun.

20180408_114544.jpg

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
You don't see it here very often either, they certainly don't come up for sale very often.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just came back to visit my old thread, I haven't been here in a long time. :(. I've had many more machines since I last updated this thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.