Request Hard to tell if certain RBION lights are on or off

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Would love it if FarSight could re-examine the contrast of the on/off states of many of the lights of Ripley's Believe It Or Not, particularly the Idol counting lights, the Shoot Again light, and all of the lights in front of the jackpot ramps, the shrunken head, and the penguin loop. I genuinely can't tell if they're on or off sometimes unless they're blinking. And even then, I have to look closely. It would be very helpful if it was easier to tell if these lights are illuminated or not. The current contrast is just not enough. I'm seeing this on the iPad 4. Not sure if this issue affects other platforms.

N

netizen

This affects Android as well and isn't strictly limited to RBiON, although that table is for sure one of the worst offenders when it comes to not being able to tel, at a glance, the state of certain inserts.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
yeah, I agree. it's really hard for me to tell whether "shoot again" is lit or not on my iPad. I also think some of the doors panels on Twilight Zone are pretty ambiguous.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
To be completely fair, though, they're hard to see in the real-life tables unless you're playing in a darkened room. I was regularly smacked down by TZ in real-life in a normally-lit room, and could barely tell. I've only play RBION in real life maybe once or twice -- short games, I recall, before TPA -- and it was the same story. I suspect the prism-ish plastic lens used over the lights doesn't photograph as well as it looks in person, and even in-person you need to be playing in good conditions, ie, a dark room with a jukebox and a tasty beverage close at hand. :)

At least on TZ it's pretty easy to see the LITZ light on the doorknob, which is the only one I tend to care about. The others are often disappointments. "Oh, I've lit the extra ball... and just drained. Dammit."

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
... a dark room with a jukebox and a tasty beverage close at hand. :)
I don't have a jukebox.:(

But it would be nice if FS would do something. RBION is part of the core pack. Unlike the real bugs (like the lost balls) this should be easy to fix and it doesn't affect the scoring.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.