Table Pack #19 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

Not only that, but as I said on the other thread, last October's pack had Big Shot. So if this October's pack will follow the same way, we might see any of those three tables paired up with Eight Ball Deluxe. It's highly likely since it has been mentioned by Bobby quite a few times on recent interviews.

I still think it'll be EBD and TFTC, considering Gary Stern's accidental slip-up of the latter.

When did EBD become a re-release from the PHOF collection? :/

there is still Victory and Ace High to be re-done before we will see a pack with 2(?) all new tables in one release. Not that FS has even confirmed what will happen after pack 20 yet.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Not only that, but as I said on the other thread, last October's pack had Big Shot. So if this October's pack will follow the same way, we might see any of those three tables paired up with Eight Ball Deluxe. It's highly likely since it has been mentioned by Bobby quite a few times on recent interviews.

I still think it'll be EBD and TFTC, considering Gary Stern's accidental slip-up of the latter.
i doubt we will see eight ball deluxe this soon it was still in the round of voting . if we ever see it it wont be at least until sometime out in '14. Of course thats my next most want.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
i doubt we will see eight ball deluxe this soon it was still in the round of voting . if we ever see it it wont be at least until sometime out in '14. Of course thats my next most want.
haunted house was in the poll as well and that's coming soon.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012

Bobby King confirmed EBD in the Allgames.com interview released on 7/19. I really hope it's coming in 2013. Can't wait to get this one.

Originally, when I heard the podcast I was convinced it was coming in August because of this statement. You can jump to the 30:06 mark to hear this bit.

Interviewer: "What's next on the super old school classic table list"?
Bobby: "Yeah, Eight Ball Deluxe probably for the classic table and then maybe a Gottlieb EM. I think we have a Gottlieb EM vote pretty soon."​

http://www.allgames.com/all-games-blog/item/6390-pinball-arcade-terminator-2-bobby-king-interview

Last edited:

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
It must be coming at some point sotie. You must be seeing all the mention of it in the threads in this site...it's beyond popular. I would be utterly shocked if it didn't make it's way onto TPA in Season 3. Here is hoping we all get that very important table on TPA.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
It must be coming at some point sotie. You must be seeing all the mention of it in the threads in this site...it's beyond popular. I would be utterly shocked if it didn't make it's way onto TPA in Season 3. Here is hoping we all get that very important table on TPA.

While you wrote this response I was editing my post to include the actual question/answer. So take a look at my post again to see the comments I just added.

N

netizen

Funny how much desire there is for EBD from those who wanted nothing but the most epic and complex games. Last I checked EBD was a fairly simple, straight forward game with no modes, or multi-ball. So doesn't the desire for this table show exactly how the polls do not reflect the wants of players?

Maybe if people had voted for what they wanted, not what they thought would look best we'd have gotten honest results, but due to a couple well known factors in self reported polling that never happens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_desirability_bias
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
It's one of the few older tables that deserve to be in TPA. I feel tables like Grand Lizard, Atlantis, and Seawitch need to be there too...however like I said before... I still prefer mostly newer machines. However I truly believe that some Homage must be paid to the top 20 older machines. As long as we get most of the really complex tables I am happy. I do want some of the older ones though too. Just I want them personally at no larger than a 1 to 5 ratio in favour for the newer machines.

Tables like EBD have also been tables that helped the popularity of pinball. It's like Big Shot. Many do not like it or wonder why it's in TPA. I can tell you as someone that played it as a kid though that it was a very important table at the time. The skill it took to flip the scoreboard and do a 9999 or to consistently knock down all the drop targets easily...was a praiseworthy feat.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I'm almost 100% sure that the next non-PHOF table will NOT be a Gottlieb.

After this Gottlieb double pack, it'd make little sense to have another Gottlieb double pack so quickly. Gottlieb tables after Haunted House would be better kept until Season 3 when they can be combined with a bigger name A side.

I can potentially see Sorcerer coming in Pack #19 instead of Victory, but even then it'd make little sense to have another Gottlieb.

So that basically narrows Pack #19 to having either a Bally or Stern table.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I agree. Gottlieb cannot be showing up as a headliner in pack 19. I was totally in the dark until that Elvira picture came out that showed us all in the clue about Haunted House. I guess I will be totally in the dark on the next pack too. I like surprises anyways. Well half of me does. The other half is dying wanting to know immediately what tables are coming. LOL

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I am writing again just to make sure that next pack will contain FISH TALES! (soothing voice, hypnotic: fiiiiiish taaaaaaaleeeeees) I want it :p

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Getting sleepy...must play Fish Tales.....soothing voice....Fish Tales. Fish Tales mind control now active. Cannot repel the desire to play Fish Tales now.

Those hypnotic fish are very convincing!!!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm almost 100% sure that the next non-PHOF table will NOT be a Gottlieb.

After this Gottlieb double pack, it'd make little sense to have another Gottlieb double pack so quickly. Gottlieb tables after Haunted House would be better kept until Season 3 when they can be combined with a bigger name A side.

I can potentially see Sorcerer coming in Pack #19 instead of Victory, but even then it'd make little sense to have another Gottlieb.

So that basically narrows Pack #19 to having either a Bally or Stern table.

Just to piggyback on Rudy a bit, maybe TFTC and Sorcerer for October (Pack 19). Would be a great pack and sort of Halloweenish to boot.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Wow! A lot of guys asking for Victory lately. Not a bad table. I have played it many times myself. A little surprised though with how popular it seems to be on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts