Pro Pinball

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I just asked about iOS, sorry. Hopefully they'll release it for all the systems.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
What would really be great is to see them release new tables again on all systems.

I just wish they would just go back to the classic Pro Pinball physics. Metroid Pinball still had good physics, but I like the ones in Pro Pinball better. I wish they would go back to traditional nudging with buttons for systems with buttons too. Their games or DS, DSi, and 3DS only had touch screen nudging and Frogger pinball has no nudging at all, even on Facebook.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I just wish they would just go back to the classic Pro Pinball physics. Metroid Pinball still had good physics, but I like the ones in Pro Pinball better. I wish they would go back to traditional nudging with buttons for systems with buttons too. Their games or DS, DSi, and 3DS only had touch screen nudging and Frogger pinball has no nudging at all, even on Facebook.

Yep, that's what I want too: new tables with their tried & true physics.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Yup. I would have brought that dsi pinball game if it weren't for the fact there is no button nudging. As someone who nudges a lot, I think that would be pretty awkward. Feel free to tell me if I am wrong though.

KingMixer

Mar 13, 2012
I sent an e-mail to Silverball Studios regarding the Pro Pinball series for PS3/Xbox, and I got a reply:

"Thanks for getting in touch. It's great to know the games we did 15 years ago are still so popular. We'd certainly like to do a downloadable version when circumstances permit, but the earliest that could happen would be the end of the year."

So hopefully, this small flurry of e-mail interest might light a spark at Silverball Studios, and Pro Pinball might eventually be available on current systems.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I sent an e-mail to Silverball Studios regarding the Pro Pinball series for PS3/Xbox, and I got a reply:

"Thanks for getting in touch. It's great to know the games we did 15 years ago are still so popular. We'd certainly like to do a downloadable version when circumstances permit, but the earliest that could happen would be the end of the year."

So hopefully, this small flurry of e-mail interest might light a spark at Silverball Studios, and Pro Pinball might eventually be available on current systems.

I would hope that after seeing the success of Zen Studio's and FarSight's DLC pinball tables that Silverball Studios would consider releasing an updated Pro Pinball engine with The Web, Timeshock, Fantastic Voyage and Big Race USA as launch tables then release new original real world style tables as DLC. Then we'd have the best of three worlds...emulated real world tables, original real world style tables and original arcade style tables.

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
Pro Pinball is not only still the absolute best video pinball series, but it's also in my top three all-time video game franchises. Their last three games are utterly fantastic; even The Web (the weakest table) is great. All four tables sport rulesets and layouts competitive with real life tables. Even though the series is nearly 20 years old, it still has the best lighting effects I've seen in the genre; not to mention the unbeatable physics engine.

If this ever comes out on the iOS, Day 1 for me!

BTW, I would highly recommend Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon (done by the same team) on the Nintendo DSi and 3DS eshop. The physics aren't quite Pro Pinball-level, but more than suffice; I think it's par with The Pinball Arcade's engine. Low scoring table, which is unique (not to mention reaching over 1 million points feels rewarding), but easily worth the $4.99. Some might be turned off by the touch screen nudging, but I actually like it.

Last edited:

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
Others have contacted them about this before me, but I decided to add my voice to the crowd. I emailed them about an iOS re-release, and this is what they said:

Thanks for getting in touch. We have a few ducks to line up first, but hopefully this will happen later in the year.

Hopefully, indeed.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I remember playing Timeshock on the Sony Playstation. I rented it for 7 days and that's pretty well what i did for 7 days. I found it later on the PC and then discovered that there were 3 other games...I was overjoyed.
Next table i discovered was The Web and that stands out as one of my favorites also. Big Race is quite unique and enjoyable but i never really put much time into the last table.

Pro Pinball is a top level franchise and deserves the love of any pinball fan for it's devotion to create "real" pinball and for doing so with tables that have never seen the light of day.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I just installed my Big Race USA today. It's the CD version I bought when the game first came out, and I had no trouble installing or running it on Windows 7. The physics were and remain among the best out there. The rule set and layout is on par with what you'd find on real tables. The only downside is the boring presentation. Big Race plays that sonorous lounge music in the back ground, the sound effects and voices are nothing special, and it just doesn't do a very good job of pumping you up like a good Williams or Bally table does.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
I just came across my old CDs for all four of the Pro Pinball games.
Loved them.
Timeshock pretty much ended up sending me to the doctor for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, I played it so much.
Repetative Stress injury frrom hitting those shift keys a billion times a night, coupled with working on computer keyboards all day just about did me in.
Had to put it away for a long wihile.

Anyone have any hints or obsticles to overcome installing and running them on Windows 7?
Anything special I should consider?
Running 64 bit Untimate edition.

I do have a virtual XP system running on the system I want to use it on. I HAD to install it for one legacy program I need that simply will not run on 7 no matter what.
Unfortunately, that program is a financial thing with records back to 1998 and there isn't any decent upgrade path that would work and give me the usability of it.

SO.. I COULD load them in the virtual system if I had to, but really don't want to. Want that whole virtual system reserved just for that one freaking system. LOL

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
All of the pro pinball games should load fine on Windows 7 64-bit

Drop them in the drive, install and play. As mentioned before the menu animations might be a bit fast but aside from that, they all play perfectly. Even the Web

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
sweet! Thanks.

I know from a few other programs that installs of some stuff that doesn't work kind of goes into a death-spiral of madness. Didn't even want to start if that was likely.

Members online

Members online