Pro Pinball

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I've been biting my tongue waiting for android and now PC members to get their timeshock.

But I'm ready for the next table! ( don't hate)

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
1,5 year delayed! for a single pinball table which he has already done before on the PC. He has enjoyed some long healthy vacations of the money I sponsored him with or he has no idea how to rebuild the table?

Yes negative is just the foreword.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Still can't believe you people haven't woken up to what a total thieving **** this guy is.
Talk about hero to beyond zero.

I remember arguing about this cr@p 3yrs ago with Pinwiz and SerenSeven and they wouldn't have it then.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Devs always tend to underestimate time/money but this is pretty much taking the piss.

Its not a hobby project when others provided the funding.

dunno the guy well enough to know if it was dilberate or a coder who cant manage time/money for ****.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Comparisons to John Popadiuk are easy to make here. Except John was at least trying to create something unique. From scratch.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I dunno. The iPad version of Timeshock is pretty breathtaking, both the graphics and physics, especially compared to TPA. Yeah it sucks that it took so long and that it had to be kickstarted, but at least it finally happened, unlike Jpop's newest stuff.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
well, it happened on android also. At least if you have access to amazon. For GP version we will have to wait...........

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I threw enough money at him to get both the iOS and a PC version tho'. So far I've only gotten half my money's worth.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
The problem is that most of the backing for this project came from PC backers, iOS was a distant second, and Android was nearly nonexistent. PC has been given a backseat treatment, despite funding development for every other platform

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Well, I met Adrian last year at our yearly tournament (DPO Dutch Pinball Open) and can honestly say he's one of the nicest guys I met. Totally unassuming/modest and himself a big fan of pinball. I don't know if they got in trouble somehow and/or didn't communicate enough if that's the case, because I do think they really are taking very (too) long. Even if Kickstarter is not the same as buying something in a store. He's a perfectionist by own admission which may explains things, and why that Pro Pinball series was as good as it was all those years back. The iOS version is really, really good, so I hope the PC crowd can enjoy it in the near future!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Well, I met Adrian last year at our yearly tournament (DPO Dutch Pinball Open) and can honestly say he's one of the nicest guys I met. Totally unassuming/modest and himself a big fan of pinball. I don't know if they got in trouble somehow and/or didn't communicate enough if that's the case, because I do think they really are taking very (too) long. Even if Kickstarter is not the same as buying something in a store. He's a perfectionist by own admission which may explains things, and why that Pro Pinball series was as good as it was all those years back. The iOS version is really, really good, so I hope the PC crowd can enjoy it in the near future!
I wonder if he'd like to do an interview...

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012

Having been lucky enough to get the Alpha build 18 months ago I can say it was awesome and close to being finished even then (but with one view). The thing is though now things have moved on... TPA with DX11, VP10, Unity3D so although PP TS still stands out in the crowd it is still only one table. It is a table everyone should own though, so I guess we need to still wait. I can say that they still give weekly progress updates in their forum without fail, and it sounds close now but they are still rendering!

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
And another thing!! Since I didn't back at like a $50+ level they haven't given me an update in months. Letting people know the status of the problem.. err product they payed for shouldn't be hidden behind a paywall

karl

May 10, 2012
The problem with this project is that it is probably just one guy doing things on his spare time. And on top of that it takes weeks to render every tiny detail. Then you multiply that to different views and different platforms and you have some serious rendering time going on. He has probably spent more than a year just rendering stuff.

He probably had some help in the beginning but I have a strong feeling that this is more or less a one man show at this point. I actually do not have a big problem with waiting. I know that he will deliver since the ios and mobile ver are good and he keep us updated every week on the forum.

My big problem with this is that he is probably not making a lot of money doing this and at this pace we will probably not see a new pro pinball table or any of the other old ones (anytime soon at least) I want them all :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.