Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Last edited by a moderator:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Pro Pinball was and still is one of the best pinball simulators out there. It was ahead of it's time when it was released over a decade ago. I wish Zen Studios would create tables like these instead of the over the top animation style tables they currently release. Hope Pro Pinball comes to android as well.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I also emailed them awhile back and received a similar response, so it's definitely encouraging. I still play the Pro Pinball tables regularly on PC with my xarcade tankstick (has pinball buttons on the side). It's amazing how cutting edge those games were in terms of physics. I still think they're the best pinball physics on PC/consoles (and even the graphics still hold up fairly well after all these years). It'd be great to have the tables remastered and on iOS as well.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I was forced to take a week off work (use the time, or lose it) and I lay in my bed for most of it and played Pro Pinball on my laptop. It was a great week :)

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yup, they were:
Pro Pinball: The Web
Timeshock
Big Race USA
Fantastic Journey

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The only one I don't have is The Web. Is it worth getting still? I know it's the oldest one, so the graphics may not be as good, but if the gameplay is just as solid as the others then I need to get it.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
All four tables are worth owning IMO. The Web contains the same physics as the other three tables and the graphics are nice as well.

chris

Feb 19, 2012
Timeshock actually has better physics than TPA, imo. They're similar, but Timeshock isn't as floatier and has more ball weight. It's sort of in between Zen and TPA. I'd say Visual Pinball and Timeshock are nearly identical and the best simulation in terms of physics there is.

Also, The Web's physics aren't the same physics as Timeshock. Not even close.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, I found The Web to be floatier. Of course it may depend on which version you play; I played them on the Mac as they were released, but also have them on PS1 and a Dreamcast import.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I have all four Pro Pinball tables on PC, but I haven't played them in awhile so I may be mistaken about the physics on The Web. Still nice to have all four in your collection though.

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I emailed Silverball Studios about a month ago and asked if they were planning on releasing Pro Pinball on iOS, and they responded and said:

When it comes to virtual pinball, those were 4 awesome, awesome games.

That is really sensational news !....The more pinball the better and those are some great tables !

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Did you guys ever play their Frogger Pinball on iOS? It's actually kind of fun as long as you don't take it too seriously....plus it's a good way to support the developers.

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, I bought Frogger. It's alright.

One of the people that worked on the Frogger pinball is the brother of Shawn Ryan, the creator of The Shield, and executive producer of The Unit, and a few other shows. I've gotten to know Shawn over the years while working on TVShowsOnDVD.com, and he's an awesome, awesome guy.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
That's really cool, Gord.

So which Pro Pinball table is your guys all time fav? I love Timeshock, but I think I might like Big Race USA just a bit more. I like how it's more open....plus the DMD and sound effects seem to have more life to them.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I played them all except for The Web. 2 of them I got from GoG.com and the other's on disc. Big Race USA is my favourite. I don't have any Ipads or Android devices so I wish they'd actually port them over to the 3DS or PSP so I can play them on the go. Oh well, at least TPA's coming to 3DS.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.