Bug Genie upper playfield art bugs

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Genie upper playfield art issues

During making this compalation i became crazy of how disrespectable FS was done with this famous table and had thoughts to compare TPA's version of genie with cheap chinese fake "iFone", especially keeping in mind what there already is much more accurate FP's Genie version (not absolute perfect to be fair, but not near so incorrect as TPA's art). But for now i think to be more constructive - i hope all sides will win from cooperation, and it'll make fixing of table's errors as quick as possible.
After all, if FS's mission really is preserving great examples of pinball's history as Jay Obernolte stated many times, than this is not that level of quality as it must be done. Let's improve that
p.s.: there are another tons of mistakes/art objects wrong alignment on lower playfield of table like right inlane blue color instead of red, missed "500& add bonus" at the exit of the same inlane, wrong mid-right flipper alignment to graphical objects, wrong font for bonus numbers and their alignment to wizard's foot, wrong alignent of dark blue stripe relative to lower left bumper's right side, wrong alignment of light blue field "500 & add bonus lites spin target" relative to the right outlane's trigger area and bottom right part of clouds art.

Pls, Sean DonCarlos, add this info to your topic of known bugs/art issues (very useful by the way, thanks!)

ku4u.jpg

there are mistakes with fingers of genie's left hand and alignment of yellow stripe near left bottom part of upper left bumber

Last edited:

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
becoming "crazy" and calling FarSight "disrespectful" and comparing the table to a cheap Chinese knockoff over some pretty minor art issues is going pretty far overboard, dude. look -- hey, it's only pinball.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
please dont read my post as some pointless rage topic - my goal is to get attention to mistakes of the table, some of them here from PS2's "Gottlieb's Hall of Fame Collection" and this pretty much of time. i dont try to insult FS, they many times said what they want to accurately recreate good old (and not so old) pins - and i'm in love with this idea and trying to do little help with this bug hunt atleast.
after all, there no big deal with making mistakes some time, but what are we doing to correct them - that what make difference.

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
art issues really arnt "BUGS"
We can call them as you wish: issues, imperfections, little mistakes - they are still on the table.
But i agree with you: word "issue" more suitable. have changed it in first post.

Last edited:

bob5453

Jul 23, 2013
I thought they scanned real playfields.... How can you frack up a scan?

I like their version, but it doesn't feel real by any stretch of the imagination and it needs some shadows and lighting effects, even if they have to fake them to give the table some lighting contrast.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
How can you frack up a scan?
I think FS trace/retouch images from photos they did from table, and mistakes took place at stage of composing playfield from completed graphical objects.

SKILL_SHOT, what is with other TPA tables art accuracy? i didn't take a look at them yet. i started with Ginie because its one of my few favorites.

After all, as SKILL_SHOT already said: this is not BUGS, this is simply art issues. Art corrections still take some time and patience to correct them, but you dont need to run app in debug mode time after time to evaluate what's going wrong.
I very hope FS have real enthusiasm about making perfect pins recreation. We already have few hundreds of average quality pinball recreations with VP and FP (ok, some of them are really excellent), and TPA is what many of us looking for as step forward in evolution of pins recreation process. And i hope FS will not become another dev team which release 5$ dlc every two months and dont care about what kind of hell is goin on with a previous ones.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
well for PS3 we basically are stuck with what we have art wise. look in the art section and you will see another blunder called BLACK KNIGHT. Circus Voltaire is missing a sticker on the center ramp. Its almost a game within a game finding this stuff :p

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
well for PS3 we basically are stuck with what we have art wise. look in the art section and you will see another blunder called BLACK KNIGHT. Circus Voltaire is missing a sticker on the center ramp. Its almost a game within a game finding this stuff :p

yep i already saw some of issues on other tables like squeezed and skew texture on firepower's cabinet 3d model
..to be fair all this things of that kind make me more and more alert for forward pc release and especialy what some of this stuff is here fo YEARS!! Simply i tired of spending money for unfinished/broken games - you know there plenty of them nowdays. It always sad to see how some devs say on forums: "ok, thanks for report! we'll take attention to this issue", and after that you see same annoying things in game month after month, and some time later you see another post on forum: "We are glad to announce new feature in our game - now you can buy custom shiny hats to customize your character for only 3$".

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
come on fellas you blokes seriously worry about art, come on lets play !!!!! :)
yep, dude=) exactly worry about art authenticity of recreated tables, cuz for playing good quality originals we already have zen, now want to play quality recreations and i hope FS'll do their best on that stage =)

Members online

Members online