First impression

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Im a crybaby thats your opinion the game was RUSHED and thats mine but youd think FS would spend some extra time on the KS tables and not try to squeeze them in between scheduled packs, sounds like another TZ but hey I only played for "2 minutes"

N

netizen

You were able to get that "5,000,000 point million plus"? I gave up on that. It was easier to get to Warp 9.9

I got this during beta, got the pop up but it's not ticked off on my list.
Oh Joy of Joys.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Terminator 2 wasn't a table that I was initially interested in, only getting it because A) I have the season pack already and B) Because I helped out with the Kickstarter so might as well see what the fuss was all about.

But boy, did I not expect a game this fun.

It took me a good 15 plays to get a good enough score to get the extra ball, but once I got there I was completely sold on it. It gives just as much as it takes, and it's not that hard to follow up an 80m point game with a 10m point game. The shots are balanced, the ball saver is just as helpful as it isn't, the flow is excellent and the art/sound package is magnificent. So often I try and chain together million point shots and end up draining, but the times that I get a good few in a row make it worthwhile to keep trying.

It's even made me go out and buy a copy of Terminator 2, considering I've never been interested in the movies before.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
The Black Hole was utterly amazing for it's era of special effects, and the fact that it was a Disney movie.

The SFX were incredible for the time. But the ending was such a strange mish mash of scifi and religion. When good people get sucked into a BH, they go to heaven; bad people: robot hell. Wtf?

And Anthony Perkins and Ernest Borgnine were such a weird casting choices. But maybe they wanted some "Norman Bates" and "Trucker Cobb" flavor in the cast...

N

netizen

The SFX were incredible for the time. But the ending was such a strange mish mash of scifi and religion. When good people get sucked into a BH, they go to heaven; bad people: robot hell. Wtf?

And Anthony Perkins and Ernest Borgnine were such a weird casting choices. But maybe they wanted some "Norman Bates" and "Trucker Cobb" flavor in the cast...

How is that ending any different than the usual morality play that gets over done in contemporary TV? LOST, Life On Mars (UK)/Ashes to Ashes (UK)

All of which deal with some post death limbo state to sort the good from the bad. It has been a reoccurring theme in western stories for at least 2000 years. Slapping it into what was essentially a children's movie is like a moral to re-enforce the Protestant/Christian/Catholic/Abrahamic moral/ethical view of society that laws are based on. It's not that much of a mish-mash, just really heavy handed.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
How is that ending any different than the usual morality play that gets over done in contemporary TV? LOST, Life On Mars (UK)/Ashes to Ashes (UK)

I think it's pretty goofy when they do it, too.

The Black Hole is such a weird movie: it feels like the product of a committee, half dark horror-flavored SF and half kiddie adventure, with that strange ending tacked on. I get the impression that that's exactly what it was: Disney was feeling irrelevant as an organization and flailing around in search of a direction at the time. Kind of like Microsoft today.

(In case somebody didn't get the joke, it's worth mentioning that the Gottlieb pinball table is not a tie-in to the movie. But the backglass makes me think that they were kinda-sorta trying to remind people of the poster art for it.)

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Anyway, back to the topic at hand... I do really like this T2 table, which has all the hallmarks of a Steve Ritchie classic, and it's not one that I was ever a big fan of in real life (I confess, I didn't contribute to the Kickstarter). I might have to go back and give the real thing a try again.

The connection to the movie is interesting... you'll notice that the Robert Patrick T-1000 doesn't appear on the backglass, and has a relatively minor role in the table artwork. I think the studio might have been withholding information about the movie while the artwork was being designed.

Crusty Booger

Apr 13, 2013
I played a LOT of this table in college and, imo, I think they did an outstanding job. Not happy about the hole in the back of the terminators head, but that hasn't happened too often for me.

ThreePi

Dec 22, 2012
You were able to get that "5,000,000 point million plus"? I gave up on that. It was easier to get to Warp 9.9

I thought overall the Wizard goals were a bit on the easy side. This was the last one for me to get. You just have to realize that you get a good 1-2 second buffer after the flashing light goes out on the right orbit. Once you hit it, keep the left flipper up and let it bounce off it, you won't have time to completely control it but just enough. You do have to watch out because occasionally after the first bounce it'll nick the top of the left slingshot and redirect over to the right flipper, if that happens just drop the left flipper, let the ball naturally bounce of the right flipper and you should be able to control it for another shot.

edit- Yeah, I've run into a few balls going out the back of the Terminator head, but that seems bug that happens in a few tables.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
is no-one else finding the ball just a little too bouncy ?

apart from that i think FS have done an excellent job; it's a fun table and seems to flow better that ST:TNG without being brutally punishing for slightly wayward shots (eg. right ramp shot to left outlane drain is almost a dead cert if you're just the the slightest bit off the mark on ST:TNG)

N

netizen

is no-one else finding the ball just a little too bouncy ?

Not sure where I mentioned it, but it bears repeating. I find that the flipper bounce on T2 is a step back to TOM levels. After the last 2-3 packs improvements this is a disappointment in a really big way.

Skill_Shot and i were discussing the flipper rubber situation in another thread as well, and there definitely needs to be something done about the bounce.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.