First impression

Dpdropout

Jul 18, 2012
I don't understand what all the excitement is about. After one week I find this table boring, frustrating and no fun whatsoever. I don't think there's another table in the pinball arcade where the ball can hit so many non functional obstacles like the posts in between lanes.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
This is a fun table, I like it... but is it really this fast in reality? I haven't played the real version of this one yet. The ball flies all over the place in this version. I've noticed some of the TPA tables are way faster than they should be (White Water comes to mind). I don't understand why they make it so fast.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
t2 should be fast. that said the drop target on real tables tends to absorb more velocity then it does on this one. A much more common result of the ball hitting the lock target in real life is it trickling down between the flippers and bouncing badly off that center post.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I had compared gameplay to a papa video and the only real discrepancy i found is in how high the ball bounces off the flippers at speed.

In reality, it only creates a bit more of a wild, out of control feeling, which is good for that tension in game. Though i do wish they would tone it down some to be more in line with reality

Eegah

May 12, 2013
I dunno, seems slower to me. Then again the right orbit still comes back too fast to trap and reshoot so...

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
Don't know about difficulty but there really is a big difference.
Which version is closer to the actual table (I've never played T2 irl)?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Not sure where I mentioned it, but it bears repeating. I find that the flipper bounce on T2 is a step back to TOM levels. After the last 2-3 packs improvements this is a disappointment in a really big way.

Skill_Shot and i were discussing the flipper rubber situation in another thread as well, and there definitely needs to be something done about the bounce.
Yeah, I think I created that thread and it seems to be far better in this version. I still find most of the bumpers a little too powerful, but the speed overall has been toned down and it plays quite nice (and a good deal more difficult too, thank goodness).

I dunno, seems slower to me. Then again the right orbit still comes back too fast to trap and reshoot so...
Trapping in general is still a big thing that needs to be worked on overall IMO. Flippers need to be able to be "fluttered", right now that's just not possible (on any platform, it seems).

Last edited:

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
It's still a very easy table. If it would play like this irl you wouldn't have to spend much money on it -assuming that 30 mil would get you a free game as it does (well, an extra ball) on TPA.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
it's a fun table. I like it a lot more than I thought I would. missed shots on the left ramp are a drain monster. it's a shame that they didn't use the left standup targets for something else besides the skill shot and the cannon.

BTW I got a special and I didn't receive an extra ball as a reward.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It's still a very easy table. If it would play like this irl you wouldn't have to spend much money on it -assuming that 30 mil would get you a free game as it does (well, an extra ball) on TPA.

Most tables increase the score each time you win a free game. Not sure if this was standard when T2 came about. At any rate it's set by the operator, so if he wasn't happy with the amount of free games won he'd change it.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
yeah. games on location self percent, and adjust their replay score, as well as use dynamic boost.

Bally/Williams. Usually a boost after every replay, and every 50 or so game sit will check percentage of games ending in replays and change the base replay to make it easier or harder.

Premiere, it works like this. Once you have played through your third game without inserting a coin between, the boost kicks in, and doesn't stop regardless of how you earn your replays until a credit is paid for. Yes, this means if you make someone else pay for their half of a doubles game with you, the replay for both of you drops back to default.

Most current games follow the Williams example.

Older games had no boost, and some had no percentaging either. Pre system 11 games tended to not have the boost at all.

That said, games set to extra ball tend to not change those values based on score. instead they are counted as part of the extra ball percentage routine, which may change them.

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Started with this a bit more seriously. Standard goals went so easy I hardly remember playing it.

I somehow managed to win the video mode on first attempt. Not even close on my other attempts just pure luck I suppose. Not the best video mode it seems just to random if you win or not. Otherwise all ramps but the chase ramp (right most orbit) is off camber. Everything os so damn hard to hit on this table despite I can so often have the pinball resting and take my time aiming. But you need power enough to get up those two hard ramps but mostly I just don´t hit them anyway. Can´t understand why people say it´s to easy I have no other table where I have such hard time hitting targets. Not to hard getting extra balls and spamming the chase loop is a decent strategy to score points but it get silly and repetitive when it´s the only target I know I can hit with relative ease.

I don´t think it has the best theme. T2 is perhaps my absolute favourite action movie ever made but it doesn´t help this pinball. I don´t understand what it is I am doing and what I am supposed to achieve. Star Trek TNG is drainy but at least it feels Star Trek and I can see I am on a voyage.

But it´s certainly enjoyable though if only for the extra challenge it offers. In this aspect it´s a bit better then Star Trek which just drains unfairely it seems :)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
T2 doesn't really have any particular goals, just score points. Despite being a DMD machine, it plays more like alphanumeric-era games like Taxi and Elvira. Most of the points come from multiball super jackpots. A handful of side features help too (Payback Time, chase loop, hurryup), but they all just score points, there's no bigger framework.

Video Mode isn't so random but is a bit too subtle. The Terminator animations vary from each other, almost imperceptibly. There's only one particular type that will turn and start shooting at you, so you need to identify those quickly and zero in on them while knowing which other terminators you can safely ignore. I can win video mode on my real T2 about 80% of the time, though took hundreds of plays of training.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.