First impression

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
What a great table! Fast with lots of flow. Rules are easy to learn.
The sound is great and the callbacks from Arnie work perfectly.
I'm not complaining at this point, but it seems a wee bit easy. Will be a time consuming table in the future.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Copying from my post elsewhere:

The center post is both too useful and not useful enough. I'm falling into a bad habit of watching STDM balls go down just to see if the post will stop them. It only does about one time in three but I can't help just watching it drop.

Doesn't look like there's a subforum for it yet but where are we on strategy? Without having played the RL table much it looks like the escape route goodies are the way to go. Rules don't state if you can stack the extra balls from it with multiple clears on the same ball or not, or if there's a limit to how many you can rack up. Assuming not it seems like the secret is to concentrate on spot targets until multiball is enabled, start that and use the extra balls bouncing around to take care of the rest of the rather risky spots and grabbing the jackpot, then repeat. Cycle ramp doesn't seem to be really worth it point wise as it's too hard to loop and the bonus on this table isn't huge (caps at about 10M, but don't forget about the EB light at 6x the first time). Payday is probably decent point wise but if you can be working on EBs instead...

Specials are only points this time but the table's so generous it's probably for the best.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Copying from my post elsewhere:

The center post is both too useful and not useful enough. I'm falling into a bad habit of watching STDM balls go down just to see if the post will stop them. It only does about one time in three but I can't help just watching it drop.

This ratio sounds about right. And because of this ratio, I don't have the guts to just let it drop. I pretend it's not there and nudge accordingly.

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
Seems to me that the centerpost is more useful on T2 than on many other tables (PB for instance). But I don't like the posts on any table.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
To each their own I guess. I'll make a real attempt to save if I'm deep in the game, but if I'm pretty fresh off a plunge I's not too much harm to watch to see if it bounces off cuz it's just sonsatisfying when it does.

It's a godsend in saving skull shots tho. Speaking of which, are fast skull shots supposed to go through the back the way they do here? I've had more than a few locks not trigger. Not too familiar with the RL table so I dunno if that's really a tunnel or whatever.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Totally agree. To me the Whirlwind center post is the least helpful.

The latest spate of centre post tables coincided with Android getting nudge up.
I think they are great now that we have 'Nudge up', fumble the ball when its travelling slow and around the flippers, time it right, nudge up and ball is back in play.

Don't forget a directional (diagonal) nudge if it looks to be going to one specific side on a fast long travelling ball.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Speaking of which, are fast skull shots supposed to go through the back the way they do here? I've had more than a few locks not trigger. Not too familiar with the RL table so I dunno if that's really a tunnel or whatever.

No. It's not a tunnel. Irks me when it happens while I'm going for the Super JP.

K

Korven

Having played it since beta and ticked of the my last goal today I'm already kinda bored with it tbh.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Having played it since beta and ticked of the my last goal today I'm already kinda bored with it tbh.

You were able to get that "5,000,000 point million plus"? I gave up on that. It was easier to get to Warp 9.9

Members online

Members online