Dirty Pool?

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Anybody been able to get a "Dirty Pool" kill on the flying saucer? I have come close twice only to get screwed. Once the the "force field" targets went up and my second ball came back down, passing through the force field instead of being trapped. The second time, the ball came back down, climbing up and over the force field targets. I've also shot two balls into the saucer hole and it just spits the second one onto the left return ramp.

So, anybody been able to do this? I can't see how I could time this any different than what I've already done to get it to actually work.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I did it twice in Beta. Never seen it since. Not that it's failed. I just haven't been able to pull it off.

K

Korven

I remember having once, got it totally random. Didn't even know anything about it. Never botherd to look it up either until today on pinball 101.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I just got my first (and probably last) today, and it was to Destroy Mars! I was in TA, destroyed the last saucer, and another ball got trapped behind the force field. I wondered what would happen when I hit the force field, since I'd only ever seen or heard of a Dirty Pool on a regular saucer. To my surprise, I got credit for blowing up Mars in one shot (and lost out on 1B points for 10 target hits... but I can't think of any other game where I'm not at all bothered about losing out on 1B).

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Just got dirty pool with only one ball in play!

It was early on ball one, had missed the skillshot so force field was still up, shot the ball into the bumpers and it somehow found its way behind the field, dirty pool came up on the DMD and field went down.

Second time I've gotten it but I the first time was legit. Strange bug :rolleyes:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
That's legit as far as the real game goes. In single-ball play, if the ball somehow airballs over the forcefield into the saucer, you'll get credit for a dirty pool saucer kill.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I just reproduced that in TPA using the ball-control mode. With the forcefield up, hold the ball away from any switches until the ball search starts and the forcefield comes down. Put the ball behind the forcefield as it comes back up. A nudge plus more ball control can then get the ball into the saucer hole. Bam, Dirty Pool.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.