Bug Target to light upper-right rollunder that re-launches 2-ball multiball doesn't work

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 4 / 6.1.3

Bug Description: On Goin' Nuts (maybe my least favorite table, but I play every one), I noticed that the single target (near the middle right flipper) that reactivates the upper-right rollunder that relaunches 2-ball multi-ball doesn't seem to work. The three targets that reactivate the upper-left rollunder that relaunches 2-ball multi-ball work, but I can never seem to get the upper-right rollunder lit.

Steps To Reproduce: Lose all but one ball so that the timer begins counting down. Try to hit the target that lights up the upper-right rollunder that relaunches 2-ball multi-ball.

Frequency: Seems to be 100%. It's possible I just haven't hit that target, but sure as heck looked like I did several times, and that rollunder just never relights. Meanwhile the upper-left one does.

Additional Comments: Would like to hear confirmation of this from someone else.

EDIT: On further examination, the bug is a little different than what I'd first observed. Instead of the single target near the middle-right flipper not working, and it being impossible to light the upper-right rollunder, it turns out that the targets for lighting the rollunders are reversed. In the instructions, it says that the left and right targets in the upper-right should light the upper-left rollunder, and the middle upper-right target and the single target near the middle-right flipper should light the upper-right rollunder. In reality, it seems that it is exactly the reverse of that. The left and right targets in the upper-right end up lighting the upper-right rollunder, and the middle upper-right target and the single target near the middle-right flipper light the upper-left rollunder. Sorry if that sounds confusing, but this is the actual nature of this bug upon further observation. Thanks to those who helped try to confirm this.

Last edited:
N

netizen

IIRC, and I am not looking at the instructions right now, the only way to relaunch 2 balls is to shoot the captive ball on the left, between the yellow and blue drop targets(?), hard enough.

The roll over(s) you light on the left and the one at the top right will only launch a single ball when lit.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
IIRC, and I am not looking at the instructions right now, the only way to relaunch 2 balls is to shoot the captive ball on the left, between the yellow and blue drop targets(?), hard enough.

The roll over(s) you light on the left and the one at the top right will only launch a single ball when lit.

That captive ball relaunches 3-ball multi-ball. I'm talking about lighting the rollunder that relaunches 2-ball multi-ball in the upper-right portion of the playfield. However, in the iOS 2.7.0 bug thread, someone else reported that they were able to do this on the same OS, same iPad. So, I'll have to futz with this a bit more, and see if it's a red herring.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
No red herring - I think you've got something here, if not exactly the bug you've described.

I'm the guy that tried to confirm your bug in the other thread and failed, but I wasn't reading your complete description.

What I "verified" was that the single spot target (above the middle right flipper) does in fact light up the *left* rollunder, which is not what's supposed to happen according to the TPA Instructions.

Hitting the rightmost spot target in the group of three @ upper right lights the *right* rollunder. which is also not accurate per the instructions.

I didn't hit either of the other two (leftmost and center) spot targets in the group at upper right during my limited testing, but I would hazard a guess that they will also work "backwards" from the instructions.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I can't be sure, but it almost seems like the roll-unders only count in one direction, and not the other, when trying to restart 2-ball multiball.

Tom

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
On further examination, the bug is a little different than what I'd first observed. Instead of the single target near the middle-right flipper not working, and it being impossible to light the upper-right rollunder, it turns out that the targets for lighting the rollunders are reversed. In the instructions, it says that the left and right targets in the upper-right should light the upper-left rollunder, and the middle upper-right target and the single target near the middle-right flipper should light the upper-right rollunder. In reality, it seems that it is exactly the reverse of that. The left and right targets in the upper-right end up lighting the upper-right rollunder, and the middle upper-right target and the single target near the middle-right flipper light the upper-left rollunder. Sorry if that sounds confusing, but this is the actual nature of this bug upon further observation. Thanks to those who helped try to confirm this. I've edited the original posts in both threads.

Members online

Members online