Bug. Kickback

Gear323

Aug 27, 2013
On a real t2 cab it happens pretty often that a ball drains through the flippers but travels across the bottom left of the table below the flippers. The kickback then kicks it back in play. This never happens on the pinball arcade version. Either the trigger for the kickback is too high or the corner is too sharp so the ball does not go high enough in the left drain to trigger the kickback.

Gear323

Aug 27, 2013
This bug is also really annoying. I know farsight has the actual table so they can easily prove this with the glass off. I now really think the issue is that the corner where the kickback is is just too sharp of a turn for the ball to head up high enough in the left drain in order for it to trigger the kickback.

Last edited:

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I had this happened about three times in beta, and at least two times in the release version. So I'm not sure this is a bug, as it happened :)

on the real table, it only happened to me twice in about 1000 games... Maybe your T2 was just friendly :) YMMV

Gear323

Aug 27, 2013
Thanks for the reply Mayuh. I'm only talking about the IOS version at this point running on an iPad and iPad mini. Is that the version you are using?

Besides owning a T2 for about 5 years, I also played this pin a ton when it first came out in 1991. All of the T2 cabs did the ball kick that I described. It would happen once every 10 games or so.

I've played around 200 games already on here and it is still yet to happen. My problem is that there has been many times where the ball went through the flippers with lots of speed and went right up to the kicker but it seems to get caught up in the corner so it can't make the turn with much speed at all.

Here is what I'm asking farsight to do. Take the glass of the real t2 that you have and manually throw some balls from under the flippers into the left corner where the kickback is. See how the ball reacts when it gets to the corner. I believe that you will find that the ball goes smooth around the corner without losing much speed on the real t2. On the virtual for IOS I believe you will find that the ball gets slightly hung up and greatly loses speed. This makes it so it does not make it high enough to trigger the kickback.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Yep, I was talking about iOS.

I think that the real T2's advantage isn't that the apron is metal and the side of the outline is wood. So it's somewhat softer and it might very well help the ball up the outlane. Add a slightly longer (bended) wire on the outlane switch, that is triggered a little earlier by the ball than the simulation and it'll look all wrong. If FS would move or enlarge that switch a bit it'll work...

But I guess at the end of the day, I'll consider it cheating the game's designer ;) I really never saw a real T2 with the frequency of 1:30 as you describe. As I said, your mileage may vary ;)

Gear323

Aug 27, 2013
1:30 if you didn't get any extra balls. I know I get two extra balls most games. ;)

Well that and the timer that gives you another chance if you lose a ball too fast...

Gear323

Aug 27, 2013
I still have never seen it once on the T2 recreation and I have played it 100s times (more than I like to admit). Ball always loses too much speed when it hits the corner. I've even tried to nudge the table upward when the ball gets to the corner and still no dice.

Bug bug bug bug :p

Last edited:

Members online

Members online