Advice for the 5M-loop goal

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I saw a notice of one guy who made the 5M loop goal (during multiball by accident) but is there a way to strategically get that goal? I have made it up to 3M but that was more or less fluke.

N

netizen

When I did it I used pseudo drop catches, to minimize the bounce, and then shot on the fly to do the next chase loop. It took me at least 10 games of trying to get just that goal to achieve the 5 million looping.

It's a bit of a strange timing, but once you get it it will seem right, however that timing doesn't really benefit any other aspect of game play I found. The bounce throws off the timing of the looping otherwise.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
Try hard as you can there is still an element of randomness to it. After I got the hang of the basics it took a good hour to finally get it. Process is what Netizen describes - keep the left flipper up as it goes around the loop. If it bounces all the way up to the database/lock hole, you won't be successful. If it lands back on the left flipper, take a breath and shoot the loop again (remember you have a split second after the "million plus" light goes out!). If the ball lands on the right flipper, don't flip - just let the ball bounce back to the left flipper, catch, and shoot the loop. If the ball goes toward the drain or your bounce from the right flipper doesn't work, you'll probably have to start from the beginning.

So there is an element of luck here - it took me many tries to not have bad bounces. But it is possible!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

N

netizen

Thanks! What is a pseudo drop catch?

Going through the motions of a drop catch in TPA knowing that it likely won't trap, but will have some effect on the balls bounce off the flipper.

Hold the L flipper up and drop it just as the ball contacts, either the ball bounces, or you get control and can shoot on the fly. The reason it's a pseudo catch is if you raise the flipper quickly to Catch the ball, after the drop, it'll fire off in TPA; at least in my experience.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Keep the left flipper up as it goes around the loop. If it bounces all the way up to the database/lock hole, you won't be successful. If it lands back on the left flipper, take a breath and shoot the loop again (remember you have a split second after the "million plus" light goes out!).

This worked for me.
Just hold the flipper up and let it bounce. There is just enough time.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Multiball was almost a must but that in combination with a bounce on the left flipper did the trick. Thanks.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
I was able to get the chase loop up to 20M. As mentioned, raising the left flipper is the way to go. My Highscore (around 1.4b) was achieved just by hitting the chase loop over and over again.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
There must be some subtle difference in the physics on the PS3 version because I can quite easily get this multiple times per game. Just hold up the left flipper. Sometimes it will land nicely, sometimes fly towards the database hole, sometimes bounce to the right flipper, but it will always land back on the left flipper with enough time to shoot. Nice way to boost the score with 15M+ when you want a fun breather from chasing multiball.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Here's me doing it on PS4. You can see all different ways of making that shot, but the one that works best is if you catch the ball on its way down (live catch). I couldn't do it consistently maybe 50% of times, but it was enough to get through this in an hour or so:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.