Farsight giveth and Farsight taketh away!! :( "They took our balls!" -Medieval Matt

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Farsight giveth and Farsight taketh away!! :( "They took our balls!" -Medieval Matt

I booted up TPA 2.15 and noticed they took all of the balls they gave us with 2.14, but not only that I no longer have my prized EYEBALL ball.. :(

These were given to us in the last version:
20NewPinballs_TPA-vgo.png

I'm sure it has something to do with the shiny/dull/dark pinball bug in 2.14, but deleting all of our balls is hardly a fix.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I lost all of the table-specific ones but I still have the eyeball.. which is good because I actually use the eyeball on a few tables.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I lost all of the table-specific ones but I still have the eyeball.. which is good because I actually use the eyeball on a few tables.

Listen to this weirdness.....the tables I was last using the eyeball with in version 2.14 STILL have the eyeball as default when the tables are started, but if I change it to another ball I lose the eyeball for that table for good...wtf?!

So now I can't choose it again for Scared Stiff or Bride of Pin*Bot. :(

Oh and speaking of Scared Stiff, when I hit the ball in the spider hole the view never changed to the back glass making that pretty worthless. Maybe it had something to do with me using a non-existent eyeball ball or something. I quit out of frustration. I'll try again tomorrow.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Oh and speaking of Scared Stiff, when I hit the ball in the spider hole the view never changed to the back glass making that pretty worthless. Maybe it had something to do with me using a non-existent eyeball ball or something. I quit out of frustration. I'll try again tomorrow.

You need to have the "Event Camera" turned on in the settings.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Oh... thanks.

The ball skin is still glitched right now, so I guess the fix has been implemented in the next 2.16/1.12 update.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Listen to this weirdness.....the tables I was last using the eyeball with in version 2.14 STILL have the eyeball as default when the tables are started, but if I change it to another ball I lose the eyeball for that table for good...wtf?!

So now I can't choose it again for Scared Stiff or Bride of Pin*Bot. :(

This confirms Brakel's supposition from the other thread. Best not to change any of them until they show back up in the selection menu on other tables.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I hope FarSight addresses this. I was really upset yesterday when I noticed that the custom balls were missing.

PALADiN

Aug 14, 2013
I too have lost the eyeball (not sure how I got it in the first place - probably bought it on the PSN store).

EDIT: All the other custom balls except the TZ ball are also missing.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Boy, it sure would be nice if ANYONE from FarSight acknowledged the fact that they either a) accidentally gave us balls two updates ago and took them back, or b)Gave us new ball skins with that update, and then broke them with the last one.

But isn't it so much more fun just to guess about what's going on? :rolleyes:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Don't like (most of) those new designs. There, I've said it. I want a ball that looks like a glass marble, one that looks like a golfball... variations on the ball-theme. The eyeball, planet and volcanic boulder follow that principle great. Or perhaps more colours, like purple orange or pink. I like how the green one suits Attack From Mars.

But not images from the table-theming pasted onto balls. Yuck! Nice idea on paper perhaps, but once they're rolling. Ugh... just look at them.

Last edited:

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
I never got these balls. I placed in the tournament and received the eyeball.

why are people assuming that the removal of them is a glitch? perhaps the fact that people got them in the first place is a glitch.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
This has been cleared up by a FarSight employee reply in General Discussion--their free release on PS3 was accidental; they're meant to be in a paid "Season 1 Ball Pack," which has just shown up on the iOS version:

I'm actually glad they removed them. Aside from the golf ball and pool ball they were pretty ugly.
They might be a bit better if/when they fix them and add a reflective coating instead of the dull paint look, but even then they are just pasted logo textures, low res at that.

I do want the eyeball back though.
It was given to me to make up for the 6 week wait on the Star Trek TNG Kickstarter table after I received bad codes.

Justadoo444

Aug 20, 2013
In case you're stumped, each of the balls, going right and down, using Table Abbreviations:

Row 1: ToM, Taxi, ST:TNG, SS
Row 2: RBON, TOTAN (I think), MB, MM
Row 3: BK, H-D, Gorgar, NGG
Row 4: Genie, Funhouse, CFTBL, CV (I think)
Row 5 : BOP, BH, BS, AFM

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts