OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 580
Ram: 16 GB
Version: 0.015
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

Expected Result: Framerate of ball reflection remains at 60fps
Actual Result: Framerate of ball reflection drops with balls locked on playfield (and during multiball), even though game runs solid 60fps

Comment: This may be a remnant 'optimization' from console version, in order to maintain framerate?

Most notable with low camera on Flight 2000, with one or two balls locked.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
It's a performance optimization from Xbox 360. I'll see if I can implement a better solution, possibly a setting you can change.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Added a setting for Ball Reflection. Low is like it was on console, High updates the reflection every frame. This comes at a performance hit if you don't have a higher end PC.

kimkom, your GTX 580 should have no problem with it on. It worked fine on my GTX 660 with 6 balls at the same time.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Added a setting for Ball Reflection. Low is like it was on console, High updates the reflection every frame. This comes at a performance hit if you don't have a higher end PC.

kimkom, your GTX 580 should have no problem with it on. It worked fine on my GTX 660 with 6 balls at the same time.

Nice one! Thanks, Mike. :)

I had a feeling it was a console optimization.

Highs seem to be working fine. Tested on Flight 2000, and reflections seem to be working much better now in v0.029.

Thanks for the new option. I'd say this one can be marked as fixed now :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.